ChemGes was first published in 1989 and over the years evolved into one of the leading software solutions for world-wide, legally compliant Safety Data Sheets / SDS authoring. Our program is used in 70 countries – Europe, North America, South America, Asia and Africa – by the chemical industry, retailers, laboratories, as well as national authorities. ChemGes meets the requirements of global enterprises and small and medium-sized businesses, equally. This SDS and label software product combines transport-, environmental and safety management, the calculation of risks and hazards, and the intelligent and optimised authoring and distribution of SDSs according to international standards, such as REACH or GHS (Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals). All of this is supported by our highly trained support team who provide fast and comprehensive guidance for any questions that you may have.
ChemGes has been on the market since 1989. Our company is market leader in the field of software development for the classification of Health, Environmental and Transport Hazards, as well as the creation and maintenance of documentation (Safety Data Sheets / SDSs, Labels and Internal Plant Instructions / IPIs).
We offer a comprehensive, flexible and user-friendly solution for small-scale enterprises as well as corporate networks operating on a global scale. ChemGes is an extensive software package, fully covering national and international legislative requirements in the chemical industry and thus drastically reduces the amount of work for its users.
ChemGes not only optimizes the calculation of classifications and the automatic generation and maintenance of SDSs, but also offers customer oriented, fast solutions for compliance with the ever-increasing legislative requirements and amendments.
You can find an information video at:
The basic program is available as a Single User and a Network version and contains the following modules:
· Raw Material Database, including substance descriptions in 29 languages, as well as national and international data comprising of official substance listings, physical values, occupational exposure limit values, biological limit values, national substance lists and country-specific regulations for approximately 25,000 raw materials. Searching for and generating raw materials in the database, is quick and easy.
· Preparation Database and Classification Programs
- GHS: Classification according to the CLP ('EU-GHS', Regulation (EC) 1272/2008 in its latest applicable version), as well as according to the OSHA HCS ('Hazard Communication GHS Final Rule'),the HPR ('Hazardous Products Regulations') and the UN GHS ('Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals') with the automatic consideration of differences in the national implementation of GHS regulations ('GHS building blocks', Classification and Labelling limits etc.), e.g. for Korea, Malaysia, South Africa, China, Taiwan, Japan and Australia.
- country-specific classifications and data such as the UFI-Code (EU), VbF-Class for Austria, BetrSichV for Germany, Seveso III (Regulation (EU) 2012/18), VwVwS for Germany and ABM for the Netherlands, Prop. 65 (USA), Swiss VOCV, VOC-EU, VOC-USA, Danish MAL-Code, EU-waste catalogue in all languages, with automatic transfer into Safety Data Sheets and labels, etc.
- Transport classifications for ADR, DOT, IMDG and IATA, including UN Number descriptions in 28 languages
· Modules for the creation of Safety Data Sheets for raw materials and preparations with automatic consideration of country-specific requirements and differences
- according to CLP with or without output of the SDS Annex (REACH Exposure Scenario)
- according to OSHA HCS ('Hazard Communication GHS Final Rule')
- according to HPR ('Hazardous Products Regulations')
- according to UN GHS ('Globally Harmonized System of classification and labelling')
- according to national SDS standards, e.g. JIS Z 7253:2 (Japan), ABNT NBR 14725-4 (Brazil), SS 586: Part 3 (Singapore), ChemV – SR 813.11 (Switzerland), etc.
Additionally, we offer SDS language modules that can be added as needed, and cover the language requirements according to valid legislative requirements, of countries for which they are considered official languages (e.g. use of the language module English for the USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc.).
The creation of a Safety Data Sheet, including the entry of any new raw materials and the entry of a preparation, requires only a few minutes. While the creation of an SDS for a raw material is even simpler and requires only a few seconds.
· Modules for the automatic creation and submission of declarations for authorities, e.g. PCN dossiers (including automatic UFI code generation, EuPCS, S2S-Upload as single or bulk upload, update notifications, etc.), FOPH Mass registration, BfR-notification, Data delivery for GISBAU etc.
· Various print and file output programs (in addition to many standard queries, individual file output and prints, can be defined) and numerous search options in various program parts.
· Customer administration (with automatic email distribution of revised SDSs)
· Stock administration with price calculation
· User and password administration
· Built-in PDF software for document generation
The basic program can be expanded at any time, based on customer requirements, with the addition of standard modules or customer specific programs (e.g. interfaces).
The program is made available via USB stick or as download. Installation is simple and only takes a few minutes. Therefore, our software is quickly implemented, and it is possible to author the first SDS on the day of installation.
We offer direct contact and prompt support to our customers, through our offices in Germany, France, Canada, Austria and the USA.
We take great pride in our top notch customer support, provided by a highly trained team of experts who provide fast and uncomplicated assistance regarding not only technical matters, but also regarding questions on implementations of chemical legislation.
Our goal is to automate and simplify the SDS and label generation process, as much as is absolutely possible.