DustScan dust monitoring equipment has been designed to meet the needs of both site operators and regulators. Products range from low-cost, passive directional and depositional sticky pad ‘nuisance’ or annoyance gauges to powered filter-reference PM10 and PM2.5 samplers. We manufacture, supply and install:- DustScan DS100, DustScan DS100-D, DustScan DS500X, DustScan DustDisc. DustScanAQ is an independent dust and air quality consultancy, specialising in dust monitoring and assessment, established in 2004. Our air quality consultants provide expert dust and air quality services to a wide range of sectors including assessments and management plans of dust, air quality, odour and transport. We have many clients in Britain and Ireland with a wide range of industrial and commercial interests as well as clients in Europe, North and South America, Africa, Asia and Australia. Some of these are noted on our Clients tab.
The firm was established in 2004 as a spin-off company from Leeds University. Since then the business has grown steadily and now employs 11 staff and 2 external consultants. Technical staff are graduates with appropriate professional qualifications in science and engineering including memberships of:-
- Institute of Air Quality Management
- Institution of Environmental Sciences
- British Occupational Hygiene Society
- Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
- Institute of Quarrying
Brief profiles of some of the staff can be found via the Personnel tab.
DustScanAQ is Constructionline and Avetta registered, a corporate member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), a member of Environmental Protection UK (EPUK) and an associate member of the Mineral Products Association. We are also members of Employee Ownership Association (EOA). Individual members of the firm serve or have served on advisory panels of the Institute of Air Quality Management and the Mineral Products Association.
- The Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851
- The Technology Strategy Board through the Knowledge Partnership Network
- DEFRA through the Mineral Industry Research Organisation
- Finance South East in association with the University of Portsmouth (UoP)
- Knowledge Transfer Partnership with UoP supported by the Natural Environmental Research Council
- Leeds University School of Process Environmental and Materials Engineering
- Portsmouth University School of Earth and Environmental Sciences
- Newcastle upon Tyne University School of Engineering and Geosciences.
We provide planning and operational support for small to large scale projects including those that require detailed Environmental Impact Assessments. Our services also include workplace and occupational exposure assessment, elemental and chemical dust analyses and dispersion modelling.