EDZ - Environmental Consulting, Lda.
EDZ was founded in September of 2007 in response to the growing need in Portugal for experienced consulting in the investigation and management of contaminated land and other environmental liabilities. The company counts on experience gained over more than 25 years in Europe and the USA, including participation in several of the largest and most significant Portuguese projects involving the investigation and requalification of industrial land, namely Expo’98, Lisnave Shipyard (Almada), Quimiparque Chemical Complex (Barreiro) and Siderurgia Nacional Steel Complex (Seixal). The experience gained from these and many other projects enables us to offer clients a variety of services ranging from the planning and execution of preliminary studies (Phase I) and detailed site investigations (Phase II), to the preparation of tender documents, oversight of field activities, peer review of reports, long-term monitoring, and the identification and implementation of remedial solutions.
- Execution of Phase I and Phase II Environmental Due Diligence Studies for Commercial and Industrial Properties in Portugal, Greece and Romania.
- Independent Review of Phase I and Phase II Environmental Due Diligence Studies for Commercial and Industrial Properties in Portugal, Spain, Germany, Italy, Turkey, Romania and Brazil.
- Chemical and Ecotoxicological Characterization Study of 2.600.000 m3 of Sediments.
- Execution of a Complementary Soil and Groundwater Characterization Study on a 48 ha Industrial Area.
- Design and Implementation of a Bioremediation Project for Diesel-Fuel Contaminated Soils.
- Assistance in the Development of Corporate Protocols for Evaluating Environmental Liabilities.
- Assistance in the Development of Tender Documents for Contaminated Land Studies.
- Assistance in the Development of Tender Documents for the Management of Hazardous and Industrial Wastes.
- Field Oversight of Soil Sampling and Ground Water Monitoring Well Installation Activities.
- Coordination of Independent Peer Review of Large-Scale Contaminated Land Studies.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Operating Conditions at a Closed Sanitary Landfill.
- Development of Tender Documents and Oversight of Installation of Landfill Gas Monitoring Wells.