Enerit Ltd is the first company in the world to provide comprehensive software for large energy users to implement the ISO 50001 international standard in energy management. It is the only systematic energy management solution that helps its users convert energy information into dynamic integrated organisation-wide action plans to get teams working together to drive down energy costs.
Founded in 2004, Enerit is the first and only company in the world to develop a systematic energy management software which provides complete coverage of ISO 50001.
- Today, Enerit’s focus is on the delivery of a world leading energy management solution for organisations wishing to implement a “best practice” approach to energy management.
- Although widely utilized in organisation preparing for ISO 50001 certification, Enerit is not limited to enterprises seeking certification. Several Enerit clients utilize the system solely with the objective of reducing energy consumption.
- Alongside ISO 50001, Enerit also fully aligns with the US Department of Energy’s SEP Program.
- Enerit delivers direct to global large energy users.
- Enerit also partners with organisations in different geographic regions that have complementary specialist skills or products.
- Enerit’s energy management software is being used in banks, airports, universities, hospitals, offices and hotel chains.
- 2004 – Enerit founded
- 2005 – IS 393 standard introduced
- 2006 – Enerit appointed IS 393 consultant at large multinational sites in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, food and metals
- 2008 – Enerit IS 393 software first installed at office and industry sites
- 2009 – EN 16001 launched in Europe (based on IS 393)
- 2010 – Enerit EN 16001 software first installations
- 2011 – ISO 50001 introduced worldwide (largely based on EN 16001)
- 2011 – Enerit ISO 50001 software for launched on same day as the standard
- 2011 – Three world firsts for Enerit: Pfizer; UCC; ISO 50001 software
- 2012 – Dr. Mike Brogan delegated to ISO Technical Committee 242
- 2012 – Enerit lands grows customer base in continental Europe; Middle East; and Asia
- 2012 – Superior Energy Performance (SEP) US National launch
- 2012 – Enerit lands first SEP customers in USA.
Dr. Paul Monaghan of Enerit was on the review team for EN 16001:2009. Mike Brogan of Enerit is delegated to the ISO Technical Committee 242 (Energy Management), as an expert in developing guidance for implementing an ISO 50001 EnMS.
Our team has acted as consultants or delivered software for sites of global manufacturing companies in pharmaceuticals, medical devices, food, paper, automotive and metals.
Enerit has been extensively involved in the development of the ISO 50001 standard. Since 2006, Enerit has helped leading organizations to prepare for the roll-out of ISO 50001, using the IS 393 energy management standard, and then EN 16001. The IS 393 standard was used as the first draft of the European standard EN 16001.