EnSafe has been providing superior quality consulting services to our customers. As a global provider of environmental, health and safety, engineering, and technology solutions, our tenet has been and remains that our customers’ needs come first. If we are successful at that, the rest falls into place.Every day we advise, consult, create, design, innovate, and solve. We use our creativity to custom-tailor solutions specific to your particular challenge. Founded in Memphis, Tennessee, we are present in cities across the U.S. to serve our customers with local flavor. Our people are our most precious asset and without them, there would be no EnSafe. Safety is paramount in everything that we do and say. It’s our business. Bring your biggest needs and toughest challenges to us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Business Type:
- Engineering service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental - Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $10,000,000 US - $100,000,000 US
Values & Vision
EnSafe's leaders held a strategic summit in early 1991 to define their values and vision for the future. EnSafe's culture, now steeped in that early vision, permeates all we say and do as we serve our customers throughout the world.
- EnSafe is a global professional services and management firm specializing in environmental, engineering, health & safety, and technology solutions.
- We will be opportunistic by seeking innovative and creative solutions to meet our clients' needs in a constantly changing business environment.
- We will maintain the freedom to choose what we want to do, particularly those things that are rewarding and that we do well.
- EnSafe will manage growth so we do not lose sight of our established values and principles.
- We will employ people with similar values and provide them professional growth and development opportunities.
- We will maintain flexibility and remain a profitable, client-service-oriented firm, driven by high ethical and safety standards.
EnSafe was founded in June 1980 to advise industry and government in the then-nascent field of environmental science, safety, and regulatory compliance. The original founders, Phil Coop and Wendell Knight, were motivated by their strong desire in pursuing careers (then unavailable in the commercial sector) that intersected business, science and public policy related to environmental protection.
Still going strong 30 years later, EnSafe continues to succeed and grow from the original founders' ethics and vision. Take a walk through time with us and view some of the important milestones in EnSafe's history.
EnSafe's Health & Safety Policy
EnSafe is committed to providing a safe and healthful working environment for all of its employees. We will achieve this mission by promoting an 'EHS Culture' in which employee health and safety are paramount in each and every endeavor. We will actively promote and maintain the following beliefs in everything we do.
- Environmental, health and safety (EHS) performance will not be compromised for the sake of other business or client demands.
- Concern for employee health and safety will be evident and embedded into all phases of our work by design and through the business decisions that we make.
- Each employee is empowered with responsibility for his or her personal health and safety and the health and safety of their fellow employees and subcontractors.
- Continuous improvement is a way of life at EnSafe, and we use feedback and experience to refine and build upon our EHS Culture to ensure continual forward progress.
- EHS incidents are preventable; we will strive to ensure that our policies, practices, and decisions are proactive on all accounts.
- Management is responsible for ensuring employees have the knowledge, skills, and equipment necessary to protect themselves and others.
- We will not be satisfied to simply meet EHS compliance standards.
- Every task must be performed with concern for the welfare of our employees, our contractors, our visitors, our clients, and the communities in which we operate.
- Protecting the well-being of our employees is a way of life around the clock --both on and off the job.
We ask that all employees understand the EHS issues and responsibilities associated with their work and adhere to our established policies and programs. The success of our program depends on all employees incorporating our EHS Culture into every part of our day-to-day business practice and decisions.