Environics Inc. is a world leader in computerized gas flow instrumentation for gas mixers, gas dilution and calibration systems. Our headquarters for design, manufacturing, sales and service is located in a modern 11,000 square foot facility in Tolland, Connecticut. We are ISO 9001 certified, having received ISO 9001 Quality Systems Certification in April, 1997.
Find locations served, office locations and our distributors . Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air and Climate - Air Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- 1,000,000 - 10,000,000 €
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
- Environics - Medical/Biological Gas Flow and Scientific Research Applications
- ROBD2 - Integrated - VR-Based Parachuting Hypoxia Recognition Training Package
- Environics - Model ROBD - Simulator Accessory Package
- Environics - Model 3 (ROBD3) - Reduced Oxygen Breathing Device
- Environics - Model 2 (ROBD2) - Reduced Oxygen Breathing Device
We are a profitable, second generation family held company, founded in 1986 and incorporated in the State of Delaware.
As of April 2011, we are a Women Owned business, certified through the Woman Owned Small Business Program run by the United States SBA and with the State of Connecticut. Environics was awarded the 2020 Family Business of the Year by the CT District SBA based on our growth over the past 15 years.
Our five-year projections show continued growth through the introduction of new products and product innovations. All service is handled factory direct. Sales are handled direct and by distributors worldwide.
At Environics, our team is dedicated to customer service before, during and after your system is built. We stand by our systems and believe in building long-term relationships with our customers.
Our gas mixing technology is based on very precise control of thermal mass flow controllers (MFCs). Normally, thermal MFCs offer an accuracy +/- 1% of full-scale flow. However, when combined with Environics computerization and calibration, this accuracy specification is improved to +/- 1% of setpoint. The Full-scale error vs. Setpoint error document shows the 10x improvement in accuracy of a thermal MFC when using Environics controlling technology. Our calibrators and dilution systems exceed the accuracy required by the EPA for Ambient Calibrators (ref: Method 205, 40CFR51, 40CFR60, 40CFR75). For more technical information, see our Technical Documents section, which contains current articles and CFR's pertinent to our technologies.
We encourage you to challenge us with your most difficult requirements. We specialize in custom systems. We have thousands of systems in the field and have developed an extensive library of applications and solutions to meet our customers' needs. The application of our technology has enabled us to become the world leader in user-friendly computerized gas flow instrumentation.
Please review our Product line. Thank you for your interest in Environics.
Environics is dedicated to being a good global citizen through both local and international initiatives.
Our owner and President, Rachel, ran the 2015 and 2016 Boston Marathon as a member of Team Hole in the Wall. The Hole in the Wall Gang Camp in nearby Ashford, CT, best known as the camp founded by Paul Newman, serves seriously ill children from 7-15 years and gives them a chance to 'raise a little hell.' Through their summer camp as well as programs in hospitals and communities, they serve more than 20,000 children and their families each year.
- Special Olympics
- American Red Cross
- St Jude's Children's Hospital
- Martin Richard (MR8) Foundation
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Cornerstone Foundation
- and more......
- Aerospace Physiology Association
- Hockanum Valley Community Council
- Hole in the Wall Camp
- Rockville High School Robotics
- Rockville High School Project Graduation
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- The Public Theatre of NY
- Bushnell Foundation
- Exceptional Sidekicks
- and more.....
Environics® designed and manufactured three photovoltaic systems utilized in the program. The purpose of the project, run by the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur, is to provide electricity, clean water and internet access, using the power of the sun, for their missions in Nigeria and the Democratic Republic of Congo. The Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur estimate over 2,000 people benefited from this program to date.
Environics is dedicated to green business practices. In our Tolland, CT headquarters, our employees are committed to reducing our water and energy consumption while also minimizing our waste. We continually evaluate new ways to reduce our environmental footprint.
Quality Policy: The Environics’ commitment to quality is stated in our Quality Policy. The Quality Policy statement is as follows:
- Customer satisfaction is our number one goal. We will remain close to the customer and focus on his or her needs and objectives, not just in the sales organization, but throughout the company. We will commit to comply with requirements and continually improve for the benefit of our customers and our organization.
- It is the obligation of our company to respond to the development and human needs of our employees by creating career opportunities, providing fair compensation and maintaining a pleasant and safe workplace.
- We will maintain financial stability for our shareholders and maximize the return on their investment.
- Supplier relationships are critical to us.
- We will practice good corporate citizenship through the creation of jobs, concern for the environment and charitable works.
Download our ISO Certificate, including our scope, here.
At Environics Inc, we don’t just accept our differences — we celebrate and support them. We believe our diversity benefits our employees, our customers, our products, and our community. Environics Inc is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, parental status, military service, or any other non-merit factor.
Environics Inc is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We aim to comply with all applicable standards, including WCAG 2.0 accessibility standards.If you experience any difficulty in accessing any part of this website while we make continual improvements, please feel free to reach out. We will work with you to provide the information, item, or transaction you seek through an alternate communication method or one that is accessible for you consistent with applicable law (for example, through telephone support)
In addition, if you encounter an accessibility issue or area for improvement, please be sure to specify the Web page and we will make all reasonable efforts to make that page accessible.