Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc. (ECT)
Environmental Consulting & Technology, Inc. (ECT) was founded in 1988 and has successfully grown on the business principle that responsive client service and client satisfaction come first and foremost. ECT achieves this goal through a simple formula—the personal commitment of highly qualified, experienced professionals plus the corporate commitment to consistently provide the highest quality services on time and within budget. ECT realizes that our ability to apply creative technical and management approaches to our client’s most challenging issues is the central element to our organization’s value. Helping clients achieve favorable outcomes – delivered in a responsive, expertly executed and consistent manner – is at the core of who we are as an organization.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Engineering service provider
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
- 10,000,000 - 100,000,000 €
- To earn trust by providing responsive, client-focused environmental solutions through the innovative application of best management practices, sound science, engineering, and technology.
- Be the first choice of clients needing environmental services.
- Be the preferred supplier with the highest quality services.
- Be the best in our industry in producing solutions to difficult client challenges.
- Develop and maintain distinctive competencies.
- Be the company where the best environmental professionals want to work.
- Safety: Conducting our work in a safe manner – protective of our employees, our clients and the communities in which we work – is central to the conduct of our business.
- Client focus: We build long-lasting client relationships and trust by listening carefully, responding effectively, and meeting our commitments. This delivers peace of mind for our clients.
- Accountability: We concentrate on being effective and efficient in all of our work. Each employee adds value to the company and to those with whom we work. We hold each other personally responsible and jointly accountable for the success of ECT and the work we deliver to clients.
- Transparency: Honesty and integrity are the cornerstones for our actions and guide our decisions as we work with our clients. When faced with difficult choices, we strive to make the choice that is right, even if that choice is harder and less convenient. Fairness is paramount in our decision making process.
- Empowerment: Our employees are our most valuable asset. We cultivate an environment that fosters the growth of intelligent, creative, and industrious people.
- Collaboration: We embrace a team concept working for the common good of the organization while recognizing and rewarding individual performance. We respect each and every individual and encourage mutual support.
ECT was founded in 1988 by former Environmental Science & Engineering executives Jack Doolittle, Katherine Pierce, Larry Danek and Charles Hendry. ECT commenced its operations in both Gainesville, Florida (corporate headquarters) and Tampa, Florida. In early 1990 the firm expanded by opening offices in Michigan as well as Ft. Lauderdale.
After just 2 years of operations, the company purchased 3 acres of land and began construction of its headquarters building, a 16,000 square foot, two-story building located in Gainesville, Florida.
ECT continued to grow over the years, opening offices, developing technology and acquiring several firms who wanted to join forces and enjoy synergies. In 2002 Marshall Provost & Associates of New Smyrna Beach, Florida, joined the team. In 2004 Tilton & Associates, Inc. of Ann Arbor, Michigan, joined, and in 2006 Landmark Technologies, Inc., based in Benton Harbor and Lansing, Michigan, signed on. During 2013 Engineering & Applied Science, Inc. joined ECT’s Tampa office. Each of these acquisitions enhanced and expanded ECT’s already diverse skillset and client base.
Twenty-five years later, ECT has more than 200 employees nationally with offices in Florida, Michigan, North Carolina, and others in the Midwest and along the eastern seaboard. Over the years ECT has long enjoyed the stability of low turnover, and many of its team members have worked together for several decades.