Evac is an international company that designs, manufactures and markets environmentally friendly wastewater collection and treatment systems for the building and the shipbuilding industry. Evac companies and representatives in more than 40 countries are responsible for the building and marine business worldwide. Evac companies have Lloyd’s ISO 9001:2000 quality assurance and ISO 14001:2004 environmental standards certificates. Our premises are located in Finland, USA, Brazil, Germany, France, China, Korea and Norway.
Evac is an international company that designs, manufactures and markets environmentally friendly wastewater collection and treatment systems for the building and the shipbuilding industry. Skilled personnel, professional design and high-quality technical solutions have facilitated continuous growth, both in market share and turnover.
Evac companies and representatives in more than 40 countries are responsible for the building and marine business worldwide. Evac companies have Lloyd’s ISO 9001:2000 quality assurance and ISO 14001:2004 environmental standards certificates.
Our premises are located in Finland, USA, Brazil, Germany, France, China, Korea and Norway.
The Evac wastewater handling solution is a closed and integrated system which consists of vacuum toilets, vacuum interface units, vacuum piping, vacuum collection tanks and wastewater treatment plants. The solution is based on vacuum, not gravity, which makes it possible to flush the waste horizontally or even vertically into overhead piping and, if needed, also around obstacles.
The Evac solution is environmentally friendly. With low water use – up to 80 % less than used in traditional toilets - it reduces sewage volumes and thus meets the requirement of small environmental footprint. The water coming from the Evac advanced wastewater treatment plant is pure enough to be used for irrigation or toilet flushing.
Because of their versatility and low water use the Evac applications can be implemented in numerous areas:
- Railway stations, airports, schools and universities, medical care buildings etc., where the use of toilet and sanitary facilities is very heavy (heavy duty applications)
- Other public buildings, such as historic buildings, high-rise buildings, shopping malls, exhibition centers, prisons etc. Read more from special building references
The Evac solution minimizes the use of fresh water for toilet flushes. At the same time it offers you ultimate freedom of piping design. Additionally, the reuse of wastewater contributes to a smaller water footprint at your building.
The Evac vacuum toilet uses only 1,2 liters per flush as opposed to 6 -7 liters for the conventional toilet. This means dramatic reduction in water consumption, savings in water rates and also reduction in the amount of sewage produced. The Evac solution also makes it possible to recycle wastewater to be used as toilet flush or irrigation water.
During each flush the Evac solution takes out up to 100 liters of air. This removes viruses, bacteria and odors from the bowl and simultaneously enhances hygiene and personal comfort in the sanitary facilities. Each Evac solution forms a closed loop. This is particularly important in certain organizations, e.g. hospitals, research facilities and prisons, where the waste must be contained or is considered high-risk.
The Evac solution offers numerous benefits for building designers, contractors and associated professionals as well as building owners and managers. The most important benefits for building owners, buildings and supermarkets are as follows:
Benefits for building owners:
- less water required (only 1.2 liters per flush) – savings in water costs
- less need for fresh water production and water treatment and storage
- increased planning options
- increased hygiene and better air movement in sanitary facilities
- no need for piping ventilation
Benefits for buildings designers:
- increased design flexibility
- no requirement for soil stacks or vents
- pipes can be routed over and around obstacles
- manufactured to European Standard ISO 9001, with BBA & WRC approvals
- enables designers to earn LEED points for new building
Benefits for supermarkets:
- flexible design
- easy adjustment of future store plans
- short construction schedules with minimum customer disruption
- no concrete and tile work when relocating or adding display cases
- lower costs compared to under slab gravity waste piping
- no blocked drains and odors from under slab waste piping
- quick and easy last minute floor plan adjustments
- safe, reliable and easily maintained waste collection system