First Environment, Inc.
First Environment provides strategic environmental management and engineering services. Core practice areas include climate change services including GHG verification, GHG inventory development, sustainability, life cycle analysis, EH&S management systems, litigation support, expert testimony, environmental due diligence, and site investigation and remediation. The firm`s staff includes environmental management experts, engineers, attorneys, policy analysts, and environmental scientists, most with advanced degrees and significant industry experience.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Engineering service provider
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Management
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
Since 1987, First Environment, Inc. has been applying a unique combination of engineering expertise, environmental stewardship, and innovative thinking to successfully resolve our clients’ environmental issues. Headquartered in New Jersey, First Environment maintains eight offices throughout North America and has been owned and operated by the same U.S. Army veteran--B. Tod Delaney, PhD, PE, BCEE--since its inception. Our professional staff consists of engineers, environmental scientists, attorneys, economists, business and policy strategists, industrial hygienists, and management system experts--many with advanced degrees and significant industry experience. This multi-disciplinary workforce allows First Environment to successfully execute complex projects while delivering innovative and cost-effective solutions.
Scope of Services
First Environment has a reputation for applying a unique combination of technical expertise and innovative thinking to our clients’ projects. Continuing this tradition of leadership, we are now providing cutting-edge strategic services in climate change adaptation, mitigation, and risk management; greenhouse gas verification; carbon footprinting; credit trading; and life-cycle management. In addition, our core practice areas include the following:
- Climate change adaptation and resiliency
- Litigation support
- Environmental, health, and safety management
- Regulatory support
- Site investigation and remediation design engineering
- Mergers and acquisitions/environmental due diligence
Certifications and Accreditations
First Environment possesses the following small business certifications:
- Small Business Enterprise (New Jersey Department of Treasury)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs - Center for Veterans Enterpris
The firm is also an accredited validator and verifier of greenhouse gas inventories and projects under the following programs:
- American National Standards Institute (ANSI)- ISO 14065:2007- ISO 14064-3:2006
- The Climate Registry (TCR)
- Verified Carbon Standard (VCS)
- Climate Action Reserve Projects (CAR)
- California Air Resources Board (ARB)
- Chicago Climate Exchange (CCX)
Independent Third Party Verification Services
First Environment has been supplying independent third party verification services for over 10 years, starting with verifying carbon credits on the Chicago Climate Exchange. We verify inventory reports to The Climate Registry, the California Air Resources Board, Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection, and the Carbon Disclosure Project. We also verify emission reduction projects for the Climate Action Reserve; and validate/verify projects under the Verified Carbon Standard. First Environment is an ANSI Accredited Validation/Verification Body under the ISO 14065 and 14064:3 Standards.
First Environment is a worldwide environmental leader in developing solutions that help clients address climate change and implement sustainable practices. We believe that sustainable strategies lead to long term profitability, and the following accomplishments demonstrate our industry leadership:
- A Founding Reporter of The Climate Registry, First Environment has been carbon neutral since 2008.
- In 2011 and 2012, the firm was voted Environmental Finance’s Best Verification Company for Voluntary Markets.
- Our staff maintains active participation in the global discussion of climate change, chairing international standards development groups and serving regularly as experts for presentations and workshops throughout the U.S. and abroad.