Flo-Mech has provided a complete range of products and services to a wide sector of the food processing industry, in the UK, Republic of Ireland, and in other parts of the world. We are proud to have provided equipment and services as far afield as Asia, North and South America, South Africa, Eastern and Western Europe, and Australia. Our equipment portfolio covers all aspects of fruit and vegetable processing, from back-end preparation through processing, electronic inspection, packaging and end of line equipment. The canning industry is also a major market for us. We handle and fill products as diverse as pickles and baked beans, soups and pet foods.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Food and Beverage - Food
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
If there has to be one area of business, however, in which Flo-Mech is more active, it is perhaps potato processing. The potato in one form or another has been at the centre of our activities right from the start. Crisps (chips), french fries, roast, mash (puree) and potato speciality products are regularly on the agenda. Also potato and corn based snack lines are a specialty, whether they are fried or dried expanded products, we provide complete solutions.
Our Business is about People and Partnerships
Flo-Mech's ability to meet the demands of it's customers and to deliver work of a consistently high standard is obviously dependent upon the 35+ dedicated employees. The Company is headed up by the current Managing Director Stuart Elderkin and C.E.O. Alan Elderkin along with our Board of Directors including Andrew Elderkin (Sales Director), Colin Hill (Financial Director), Eifion Evans (Operations Director), Simon Dealtrey (Technical Director) and Robin Cattermole (Engineering Director). The majority of employees are engineers of one discipline or another, with sales being generated from most areas of the company.
We operate very closely with a number of our long standing partners. In all we have around twelve such strategic partnerships with manufacturing companies from around the world, enabling us to bring together some of the best knowledge and technology available to meet today's most demanding requirements.
We offer a complete engineering and project management service from our base in Peterborough, England, and pool the resources of the whole group to ensure our customers achieve the best solutions. Confidentiality is of paramount importance in our business. We go to great lengths to ensure that information and process knowledge from our customers remains strictly within our own organisation.
From Strength to Strength
In 1974 Flo-Mech was launched into the world of supplying equipment and services to the food processing industry, which at that time was very different to the industry we know today.
No one could have envisaged the pace of change that has taken place over the last 10 years. In today's world very few industries carry such high levels of demand and expectation with health & safety and food hygiene standards of paramount importance. Consequently equipment design has taken on a whole new perspective with hygienic consideration often being the first challenge for Flo-Mech.
As we continue into the 21st century, technology is advancing in leaps and bounds. At Flo-Mech we are very much aware that 'staying in touch' is simply not good enough. We must be responsible for helping create tomorrow's technology for our customers, with our customers. In doing so, we take a very pro-active approach towards developing long-term partnerships with our customers to provide a professional service both for now and the future.
- Privately owned company located in Peterborough, United Kingdom
- Provide a complete range of products (equipment) and services (project management) to the food industry
- Base of highly skilled engineers in Projects, Design, Service, Spares, Health & Safety and Energy & Sustainability
- 35 years experience of working within the UK and overseas
Core Business Areas
Our core business areas include:
Equipment Supply, including:
- Installation & commissioning
- After sales support: Service and spares
Project Management, including:
- Health & Safety Management
- Equipment uplift and reinstall projects
Sustainability & Energy Recovery, including:
- Surveys, reports, install, commissioning
Core Business Markets
Our core business markets include:
- Crisps (Chips) - Potato, vegetable, fruit
- Snack Foods - Tortilla, pellet, extruded, baked, nuts
- Potato Processing - French fries, roast, mash, de-hydration, specialities
- Fruit and Vegetable Processing
- Canning - including jars, bottles, pouch filling
- Coffee Processing
- Founded 1974
- Moved to current facility in 1984
- Expansion of the Company with Flo-Mech House 2 in 2012
- Now over 35 full-time employees within the following areas:
- Project Department
- CAD Drawing Office
- Energy & Sustainability
- Service Department
- Spares & Shipping
- Sales & Marketing
- Accounts & Administration
- Health & Safety Department
- Control, Automation & Software Systems