The FLUX name has been synonymous with pump technology for more than 60 years. It was the invention of the electric drum pump that sparked it all off. In the meantime, of course, the technology has become more sophisticated. FLUX company innovations have markedly improved working routines for filling and transferring fluids. It is often said that medium-sized companies are the engines of progress. We would be pleased if our family business were able to substantiate this claim. Pumping, emptying, mixing, filling and metering ‒ when liquids are set in motion the requirements are very diverse. In any case the process must run smoothly. This is what the FLUX brand name stands for. It is recognised across the globe as a byword for quality, for safety and for solutions which are able to fulfil every single demand on a long-term basis.
FLUX - more than just pumps
One brand. One promise.
Smooth-running processes ‒ FLUX not only guarantees this for liquids which are relatively easy to pump but also when the pumping medium is viscous or doesn't flow at all, when it is aggressive or used in processes which are common in the hygiene sector or sectors where there is an explosion hazard. To ensure that the tasks are solved in the best possible way for the customer FLUX has a huge range of expertise to offer. In other words, a lot more than just pumps. From a technical point of view this means a comprehensive product system of pumps, motors, flow meters, accessories and a whole lot more. From the project point of view, 'More than just pumps', means accompanying our customers from the first telephone call through to the end solution ‒ and if required beyond that.
This is how FLUX keeps processes moving. Long-term. Simple, complex or custom-made inclusive design assignments: FLUX is prepared for any request and in particular for the fact that our customers need more than just pumps.
Welcome to the pioneer of drum pumps
The FLUX name has been synonymous with pump technology for more than 60 years and ensures smooth-running processes even at demanding media. With a huge range of expertise FLUX always offers the optimum solution for individual conveying tasks and provides maximum safety in all areas. Innovations from FLUX convince in the long-term with their reliability and highest quality in every detail.
From the inventors of the electric drum pump
- Reliability. In concrete terms: Every minute of downtime is a minute too much. FLUX strives to prevent downtimes in the best way possible.
- Long service life. High-quality technology is one of the most important prerequisites for long-term trouble-free processes.
- Made in Germany. FLUX has its central production location in Maulbronn, Baden-Württemberg.
- Awards. Such as the iF Product Design award which FLUX brand products have won several times underline the unique claim of the FLUX brand.
- Extensive range of products. FLUX offers an extensive range of products based on individual components, pre-configured sets and system solutions.
- Individual solutions. For specific requirements FLUX designs and implements special adaptations, custom-made products and complex solutions in-house.
- Technology partners. FLUX consultants are the competent contact for the customer – on the telephone or with the customer on site.
- On-call delivery. All popular products are available from the large warehouse at the headquarters in Maulbronn. Local warehouses in different countries supplement capacities where it is economical to do so.
- After-Sales-Support. FLUX guarantees a repair service and supply of replacement parts for a period of up to 20 years following date of purchase.
- Demanding media. FLUX technology covers an enormous spectrum of differing media. It goes without saying that FLUX provides maximum safety and reliability for demanding media as well.
- Special solutions for individual industries. Different industries. Different challenges. Whether food industry, pharmaceutical industry, hygienic or explosion-hazard sectors: The focus always is on product and user safety.
- Handling. Risks which could otherwise occur in operation have already been taken into consideration by FLUX in the design phase. The result: Products which are able to handle complex tasks but which can still be operated with a few simple movements.
The focus of our work is on complete customer satisfaction. When using challenging fluids we provide safe and efficient solutions through our products and services. We pick up trends at an early stage and implement them for our customers’ benefit. We make a significant contribution in the areas of resource and energy efficiency which surpass by far our clients expectations.
Our values form the basis for a culture of cooperation. Employees can be assured that they are treated with respect and trust.
An overview of the FLUX values:
Already the world's first electric drum pump in 1950 was named FLUX. Since the founding of our company, we stand for a combination of Swabian inventive spirit and innovative technology. We focus on the development of new, future-oriented products, which are tailored to the needs of our customers. As a technology pioneer, we draw on trends and make important contributions in the fields of resource and energy efficiency.
FLUX-GERÄTE GMBH is an independent, medium-sized company that has been operating successfully in the market. Our family ownership structure guarantees the necessary continuity of a reliable partner, both externally and internally. We are committed to the principle 'guidance' and do everything to ensure that our employees can take initiative and responsibility independently. This enables us to constantly develop positively the organization and innovation in the enterprise.
In order to meet the high demands of our customers, we strive for a long-term cooperation with them. In our company, we work in a team; respect, openness and mutual motivation shape our work processes. Reliability in a partnership is the basis for dealing with customers, suppliers and employees. Continuous cooperation creates confidence out of which successes arise.
Success has a lot to do with knowledge: So it is very important to us to know the specific requirements of our customers. That is why we do not only deliver products but also our knowledge around the fluid technology. And therefore, the education and training of our employees as well as to pass on our know-how of over 60 years is a top priority to us. Our whole company benefits from that. It is not uncommon that FLUX trainees are specialists or managers some day. But wanted.
The principle of performance and recognition determines our entrepreneurial actions. This applies to business relations with our customers and suppliers as well as the fair treatment of our employees. Fairness also means for us very concretely our fair payment system which was awarded in 2011 with the “Logib-D tested” award of the Ministry for Family Affairs, Senior Citizens, Women and Youth. We do not demand fairness but live it in the constructive together.
The brand name FLUX is a quality promise to our customers. They trust rightly that they always are provided with best quality. That is why we produce “Made in Germany” with a production depth of over 80 %. Quality and sustainability are reflected in our products as well as in our work processes. The durability and reliability of our pump technology have made us the market leader in many areas. The certificates of independent institutions are another proof of quality.
The focus of our work is on complete customer satisfaction. Following the maxim “Everyone a little bit more!” we are constantly looking for new product solutions and efficient services. We see ourselves as a service provider having the entire product environment in mind. We already want to identify and solve problems before they occur. This customer focus runs through all our work processes.
As a company we are aware of our social commitment. Therefore, we are committed to social projects and offer our employees benefits the collective agreement does not speak of, e.g. a tax-free grant for childcare. Comprehensive health care and secure jobs are just as important to us as the environmentally conscious production of our resource-saving products.
From the inventor of the electrical drum pump to the system supplier
FLUX is an invention. In the year 1950 the first electric drum pump was introduced. It was named FLUX. Out of this core the FLUX-GERÄTE GMBH was established. The medium-sized company based in Maulbronn develops and sells innovative solutions in the field of pump technology.