FUCHS Lubricants UK PLC
FUCHS is the world`s largest independent lubricant manufacturer. We manufacture and supply innovative lubricating products and bespoke support packages - providing a complete service to our customers. The headquarters of the UK subsidiary is located at our modern, highly automated production plant in Stoke-on-Trent. The FUCHS Group has a worldwide reputation for outstanding performance and product quality, and we pride ourselves on having our UK manufacturing plant audited to the highest levels. We have expertise and experience in supplying lubricants across a wide variety of industries, including automotive, industrial and motorcycle applications. Our team of experts are on hand to help provide the right solution for your needs.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Oil, Gas & Refineries
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
FUCHS is a global Group with German roots that has developed, produced and sold lubricants and related specialties for more than 85 years – for virtually all areas of application and sectors. With about 60 companies and more than 5,000 employees worldwide, the FUCHS Group is the leading independent supplier of lubricants.
The FUCHS product program comprises more than 10,000 products and related services in six key categories:
- Automotive Lubricants
- Industrial Lubricants
- Lubricating Greases
- Metal Processing Lubricants
- Special Application Lubricants
FUCHS has more than 100,000 customers from the following industries: automotive suppliers, OEM, mining and exploration, metalworking, agriculture and forestry, aerospace, power generation, mechanical engineering, construction and transport, steel, metal and cement industries, food, glass production, casting, forging industry and many others.
In close contact with its customers, FUCHS develops holistic, innovative and custom-made solutions for the most diverse applications. As a lubricant manufacturer, FUCHS stands for performance and sustainability, safety, reliability, efficiency and cost savings. FUCHS represents a promise: technology that pays back.
- Year of foundation: 1931
- Address: Hanley Plant, New Century Street, Stoke-on-Trent, ST1 5HU, UK
- Industries: R&D, production and sales of automotive lubricants, metalworking lubricants, corrosion preventives, industrial cleaners, industrial oils and greases
- Executive board: Richard Halhead (Managing Director UK)
- Holding: FUCHS PETROLUB SE
- No. of local employees: > 300
- Certificates: ISO 9001, ISO/TS 16949, AS 9100, ISO 14001, ISO 50001, OHSAS 18001
LUBRITECH: High performance lubricants for special applications
With FUCHS LUBRITECH GmbH, a division was founded back in 1951 that focuses on development and production of high-performance lubricants and release agents for highly specialized applications.
The product portfolio encompasses:
- High performance lubricants for open transmissions, bearings or furnaces in the cement and mining industries
- Low-temperature greases for arctic environments
- NSF H1-registered lubricants for the food industry, which also comply with the strictest halal and kosher requirements
- Bearing greases for highly economical long-term lubrication of wind energy plants
- Metal forming lubricants for the best parts quality in the forging industry
- Temperature-stable lubricants in the steel industry
- Efficient release agents in the refractory industry
- Environmentally friendly and noise-reducing lubricants in the rail transport sector
- Concrete release agents, as well as special greases for effective operation of machinery and equipment in the construction industry and for many other industrial applications
Lubricants. Technology. People.
This triad sits at the heart of our business model and forms the basis for our daily actions worldwide.
Lubricants. 100% focus
FUCHS focuses 100% on lubricants and related specialties and has been doing so for more than 80 years. With more than 10,000 products, the company offers its customers a full range of lubricants that meet strict national and international standards. The product portfolio is broken down into core categories; automotive and industrial lubricants, lubricating greases, metal working fluids and lubricants for special applications. The portfolio is complemented by a comprehensive range of technical and process-related services.
Technology. Holistic solutions
Advanced technology, defined processes and holistic lubricant solutions are a central success factor for FUCHS. Our worldwide network of experts meets customer requirements on a global level. Around one in ten employees works in research and development. The company currently has more than 600 ongoing research and development projects that aim to provide optimum solutions for our customers. This allows us to consolidate our technological leadership in important business segments. This is not only a question of effectiveness and efficiency or safety and reliability, but also of the sustainability of the lubricants; from production to disposal.
People. Personal commitment
With round about 5,000 highly qualified and specialized employees worldwide are committed to customer satisfaction. The global FUCHS team regards itself as a well-coordinated unit, whose high level of personal commitment continues the success story of FUCHS year after year. Intensive dialog with our customers and business partners, as well as trusting interactions with one another make it possible for us to always find the optimum, custom-made lubricant solution for their individual requirements.
In 2012, the FUCHS mission statement was developed with the objective of providing employees throughout the world with orientation for their daily actions. The model rests on three pillars, which continue to characterize the success of FUCHS to this day:
- LUBRICANTS. FUCHS focuses on lubricants and offers solutions for all requirements and fields of application in the world of lubricants.
- TECHNOLOGY. FUCHS claims technological leadership in strategically important fields of application and is acknowledged as the number one technology partner by its customers. Not only does FUCHS focus on its own lubricants, it also takes a holistic approach, paying close attention to the processes in place at its customers.
- PEOPLE. FUCHS' dedicated corporate culture, coupled with its loyal and motivated workforce, is the strategic key to its success. Our employees form the basis for this success.
Together, they describe not only our business model, but also the attitude of the entire company.
The five values of the mission statement
- Trust is the basis of our self-understanding.
- We deliver leading technology and first class service to our customers.
- Identify and create FUCHS Value Added.
- Provide space for innovation to explore new paths.
- Act with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Empower employees with responsibility and accountability.
- We acknowledge our responsibility towards our stakeholders, society and environment.
- Show appreciation and recognition.
- Act with fairness towards our partners and employees.
- Foster an open minded discussion culture.
- We walk the talk.
- Committed to technical leadership.
- Maintain a consistent track record of performance.
- Act in a responsive and transparent way.
- We believe in a high level of ethics and adhere to our Code of Conduct.
As a globally operating lubricant group with activities in various fields of business, FUCHS PETROLUB is continually exposed to competition. And we face this competition without any restriction. To us, fair competition is the basis of integrity and progress; it provides us with options and development opportunities in the market.
The actions of every FUCHS employee must be guided by compliance with the prevailing law. Management and employees are, without exception, called upon to observe, as part of their work-related activities, the respective applicable laws, guidelines and social standards, irrespective of whether these are supranational or local rules. Unlawful behavior risks damaging our image; it weakens our market position and may lead to economic damage for our company.
In 2004, FUCHS PETROLUB launched a Code of Conduct that sets forth, among other standards, the principles of fair competition, transparency and integrity. Corporate Governance and Compliance are directly assigned to the Board of Directors. The Compliance Management System of FUCHS PETROLUB includes a Chief Compliance Officer and a compliance organization that supports and advises our employees worldwide. Each local unit is assigned one compliance officer.
The third amended version of the Code of conduct which has been reissued in 2016 and the guidelines that apply to the most important areas of compliance, which include but are not limited to anti-corruption and competition, are a binding framework of action to guarantee that everyone’s conduct is at all times in accordance with the law and conforms to ethical principles. Added to this initiative are information and training measures, the consistent analysis and sanctioning of breaches of compliance regulations, a compliance hotline, regular compliance reporting as well as a dedicated compliance audit.
FUCHS Compliance Communication
Effective 15 September 2014, FUCHS PETROLUB has launched an internet-based reporting system called FUCHS Compliance Communication. The system is based on the standardized solution of the service provider Business Keeper AG fulfilling highest IT security standards. It enables the user to describe her/his observations in detail and to enter into dialogue with the Compliance Officer. If desired, the user can remain completely anonymous throughout the whole process.
Users are assured that FUCHS does not have any interest in the documentation of personal data. There is no hyperlink to the reporting system incorporated in the website, thus preventing traceability. To access the FUCHS Compliance Communication system, please copy the below internet address (URL) into your web browser: