Garlock Sealing Technologies
Garlock is a multinational manufacturer of high-performance fluid sealing and pipeline solutions with an emphasis on safety, longevity, and productivity. We work in partnership with our customers, industry associations, and governmental entities to understand their unique sealing challenges and respond with innovative solutions that keep people safe while increasing profitability.
The Garlock family of companies is acknowledged as the global leader in high-performance fluid sealing products for the world’s processing industries. These include chemicals and petrochemicals, refining, pulp and paper, power generation, semiconductor, primary metals, food and pharmaceuticals, mining and original equipment manufacturers, among others.
Today, we have 16 global operations employing more than 1,900 people and a distributor network that covers 75 countries. Our 12 manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada, Europe, Asia and Latin America collectively produce the broadest range of fluid sealing products designed specifically for industrial applications. In addition, we operate the most extensive testing facilities in the industry.
The Garlock family of companies continues to develop next-generation technologies that are changing the way processing industries meet their sealing requirements. By combining the most innovative products with unparalleled service and environmental commitment, we deliver sealing solutions that improve plant productivity, reduce costs and comply with increasingly stringent environmental regulations. Continued investment in research and development, innovative new products, production facilities, customer support and environmental initiatives will assure we retain our global leadership in fluid sealing technologies.
The Garlock family of companies is focused on improving its operations and product offerings demonstrating its commitment to a cleaner environment. We set high standards to reduce environmental impact taking care of our planet by preserving its beauty and resources.
Since 2005, one of the Garlock companies, Garlock Sealing Technologies, LLC. has invested $35 million dollars renovating its Palmyra, NY location. Key implementations include:
- Deconstructed and recycled 200,000 sq. ft. of energy-inefficient buildings
- In process is the replacement of our existing waste water treatment plant
- Wetland identification project - working in conjunction with NYSDEC and Finger Lakes College's Environmental program to identify and restore the wetland on campus
- Construction of two new state of the art manufacturing facilities which incorporate:
- heating with direct-fired natural gas heaters
- heat recovery systems
- managed HVAC building systems
- air tight construction
- over 180,000 sq. ft. of energy saving white reflective roofing
- sandwich panel building siding creating a tight thermal envelope to keep buildings warm in winter and cool in summer
Quite simply, safety is what we do. Our sealing solutions protect millions of people everyday from exposure to life-threatening materials. Durability, ease of maintenance and other benefits are essential to the value of using a Garlock sealing solution, but without safety, none of those other factors would matter.
In addition to designing and manufacturing safety-focused sealing solutions, we also offer a wide range of safety-oriented training for our customers. As a division of EnPro Industries — named one of the safest U.S. companies by EHS Today — Garlock is able to provide its customers with access to the EnPro Learning System. The EnPro Learning System offers consulting services, safety courses, and safety conferences throughout the year to help other companies and professionals implement safety excellence at their facilities.
This commitment to safety also extends to our own facilities. Garlock is heavily invested in creating a safe workplace and empowering our employees to take ownership and responsibility for the safety of themselves and their co-workers. Our exemplary safety record contributes significantly to EnPro’s frequent recognition as one of the nation’s safest companies.
At Garlock, we pride ourselves on developing solutions, not just products. That means fostering a culture of innovation that springs from a deep understanding of our customers’ industries and their unique sealing challenges. From there, our materials and applications engineers set to work developing the material combinations and designs that best meet those needs.
Garlock maintains some of the most advanced industrial sealing research and development facilities in the world. From materials development to product design, we never stop looking for ways to better meet our customers’ needs.
Throughout our 125-year history, this approach to product innovation has led to numerous game-changing technologies that delivered unprecedented value, longevity, and reliability for our customers.
We first revolutionized the industry with the formulation of GYLON® restructured PTFE gaskets over 50 years ago and have since continued introducing ground-breaking products, including:
- BLUE-GARD® carbon fiber compressed gasketing
- CHEVRON® V-ring packing
- Garlock EVSP® emissionless valve stem packing
- Elastomeric expansion joints
- KLOZURE® GUARDIAN® split pillow block metallic bearing isolators for non-flooded applications
- KLOZURE® MICRO-TEC® II metallic bearing isolators for applications requiring protection from highly contaminated environments
- SGi® Bearing isolator, which incorporates shaft grounding technology to offer maintenance-free and reliable bearing protection. (Received the 2011 Plant Engineering Product Of The Year Gold Award)
Focus On Environmental Sustainability
We understand and champion the drive for a reduced carbon footprint both at our customers’ facilities and our own manufacturing plants. As such, we continually work to introduce products that are environmentally friendly while also meeting our customers’ sealing objectives. Two of these solutions are:
- Compression packing Style 212-ULE (Ultra-Low Emissions), which easily meets emissions standards of less than 100ppm and is made with functional, environmentally friendly packaging.
- Compression packing HYDRA-JUST® Sealing System that conserves valuable water resources in pump sealing applications.
Garlock is also focused on the creation of a more environmentally sustainable workplace as a whole. Since 2005, Garlock has invested over $35 million USD in renovating our Palmyra, NY, location, including the deconstruction of over 200,000 sq.ft. of outdated buildings, replacement of inefficient wastewater treatment plants, and restoration of valuable wetland on campus.
We have constructed two new, state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities that incorporate natural gas, heat recovery, managed HVAC systems, excellent insulation, and over 180,000 sq.ft of energy saving, white reflective roofing.
Rest assured that preserving the beauty and resources of our planet is of great importance to everyone at Garlock.