Since the mid 1980’s, Gelok International has been a premier manufacturer of low profile, super absorbent laminates and composites. These laminates can be used directly as an absorbing substrate, or incorporated into a wide variety of finished products used to absorb fluids such as water, blood, exudate, urine and other aqueous based solutions, while reducing the bad odors associated with these fluids and bacterial activity. Applications for Gelok laminates include food tray pads, personal hygiene, medical packaging, medical cleanup, underpads, wound care, urinal pads, filtration, cable manufacturing and other usages where absorption of water-based fluids is needed. All of Gelok’s cellulose based laminates are adhesive-free as they are Hydrogen-bonded to bind the laminate together. Non-woven superabsorbent laminates can also be manufactured by incorporating specialized adhesive systems.
Gelok absorbent laminates provide tremendous product flexibility due to our custom manufacturing process. Our laminates consist of superabsorbent polymer granules (Sodium Polyacrylate) bonded between sheets of cellulose or non-woven material. The degree of absorbency is determined by the amount of polymer used in the core and the substrate performance characteristics can be enhanced by the use of alternative materials with a wide range of basis weights.
- Extraordinary thin profile
- Lightweight, hence a less bulky, lighter end product
- Customizable absorbent laminate to meet customer’s unique needs
- Quick absorbing (actual speed of absorbency varies by application and product design)
- Consistency of finished product
- Easy-to-use commercial form
- Quick start-up with low material waste
- Low start-up costs
- Greater machine efficiencies
- Lower process filtration costs