General Carbon Corporation
General Carbon Established in 1958. With over 50 years of experience in the activated carbon business, we are capable of providing any technical advice needed. The treatment of contaminated air and water streams is our trade and passion. We carry an assortment of adsorption products. We carry a large inventory of activated carbon and activated charcoal for the treatment of both air and water applications. Orders of all sizes are welcomed as we commonly fill orders of bulk activated carbon. We can ship to anywhere in the United States from our east, west and gulf coast warehouses as well as from Canada. General Carbon does ship globally also.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water Filtration and Separation
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
We have many different types of active carbon available for immediate shipment:
- Pelletized Activated Carbon
- Granular Activated Carbon
- Powdered Activated Carbon
- 4mm, 3×6, 4×8, 6×12, 8×16, 8×30, 12×30, 12×40, 20×50, 40×60
- Coconut Shell
- Bituminous Coal
- Lignite Coal
- Acid Washed
- Reactivated Carbon
Aside from the carbon and charcoal we inventory, we also carry a complete line of activated carbon filtration equipment. Our adsorption equipment includes:
- Activated Carbon Filters for both Air and Water Applications
- Pollution Control Barrels, (55, 85, 110 Gallons)
- Steel, Stainless Steel, Polyethylene
- Fiber Glass Tanks
- Low to High Flow
- Low to High Pressure
- Single and Dual Bed
- Transportable Box Filters
- Lift Station
- Manhole Filters
- Vent Odor Control
- Filter Panel Housings
- Filter Panels
- Particulate Filtration
General Carbon Corporation can also design and build custom engineered systems for unique applications. These include complete pump and treat, SVE, and odor control systems. Please call with any questions 973-523-2223.
General Carbon Corporation also specializes in impregnated carbons and specialty medias. We have on-site machinery to impregnate carbon for specific needs.
- Potassium Hydroxide Impregnated Carbon for Hydrogen Sulfide Control
- Potassium Permanganate
- Organo Clay
- Activated Alumina
- Oil Sorbent Fibers
- Phosphoric Acid Impregnation for Ammonia
- Mercury Control
- Formaldehyde Control
- Radiated Materials from Air
- Chlorine Removal from Air
With over 55 years of experience in the activated carbon business, we can provide any technical advice needed. In addition, we also have the capability to service carbon systems on-site on a nationwide basis. This includes the removal and regeneration of the spent carbon and its replacement with new media. If there is anything that we can do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- General Carbon carries a complete line of activated carbon made from coal, coconut shell and wood for most liquid phase applications. These include acid washed activated carbon for drinking water and food grade applications as well as products suitable for waste water remediation, decolorization applications, chemical and pharmaceutical purification. Additionally, our specialty medias are best for the treatment of non-emulsified oils and heavy metals. Our stock of activated carbon for liquid phase ...
- General Carbon carries a complete line of activated carbon made from coal, coconut shell and wood for most vapor phase and air applications. These include impregnated carbons for specialty applications and high capacity non-impregnated carbon for H2S control. In addition, our specialty medias are ideal for the treatment of many contaminants that activated carbon may struggle with. Orders of bulk activated carbon are also acceptable as we have been a major supplier of activated carbon since 1958.
- Air and Climate - Air Filtration
- Air and Climate - Air Pollution Treatment
- Environmental - Site Remediation
- Food and Beverage
- Pulp & Paper