General Equipment & Supplies, Inc. is in the business of selling, renting, servicing and fabricating heavy construction equipment to businesses and agencies engaged in the construction, mining, oil exploration and municipal services. We came into being during the harshest economic times in 1984. Prime interest rate was over 14% and our economy in North Dakota and across the nation was somewhat less than robust. However, we saw an opportunity to provide equipment, parts, and service for a customer base throughout North Dakota and western Minnesota.
In 1986,Komatsu America appointed us their dealer for North Dakota and tier counties along the border in Minnesota.
Our first year in business we had approximately 20 full and part time employees and did about $6 million in total sales. We currently have over 230 full and part time employees working from nine locations.
We offer a wide variety of products and services at our locations:
- In Fargo, Bismarck, Minot and Williston we represent heavy equipment brands including Komatsu, Terex Cedarapids, Superior, Linkbelt, and Trail King for North Dakota and western Minnesota.
- Our Sioux Falls, SD and Shakopee, MN locations focus primarily on aggregate equipment sales while servicing all major construction and aggregate equipment lines.
- Our Sioux Falls, SD and Shakopee, MN locations represents Kobelco excavators and Kawasaki wheel loaders.
- A warehouse in Hibbing, MN ensures our northern Minnesota customers readily have access to the parts they need.
- Our latest venture is with a wholly owned subsidiary called General Aggregate Equipment Sales, ULC to serve our Canadian customers. Our teams in Winnipeg and Regina provide aggregate processing equipment.
We also own Aggregate Equipment Specialists which manufactures products such as electrical switchgear, power vans, control vans, feeders, custom conveyors, and other products for aggregate processing customers.
To provide our customers the highest quality construction equipment available and to protect their investment in us by employing the best people, expertise and technology in the industry.
Our Core Values
- Integrity: We are committed to treating everyone in the organization, our stockholders and customers alike, with dignity and respect. To be truthful and candid, keep our promises and deliver on our commitments.
- Attitude: We are passionate about what we do, we are driven to excel and we never tolerate indifference.
- Honesty: We expect everyone to have a genuine commitment to the truth and we will not mislead, overstate or misrepresent.
- Team Work: We are committed to interdepartmental team participation which results in better ideas, better decisions and smoother, faster implementations.
- Valuing Customers: Our products and services are sold and supported with the goals and needs of our customers in mind. Customer focused repeatable processes yield superior quality, delivery and cost that satisfy our customers beyond their expectations.