GeoSyntec Consultants, Inc.
GeoSyntec provides advanced environmental, water resources, and geotechnical engineering and construction related services to public & private clients. With nearly 400 professionals in over 20 offices, GeoSyntec delivers value through technical innovation and exceptional project execution and client service. We serve our clients from more than 50 offices throughout the U.S., and locations in Australia, Canada, Malaysia, and the United Kingdom.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Engineering service provider
- Industry Type:
- Soil and Groundwater Consulting and Engineering
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
Geosyntec is a specialized consulting and engineering firm that works with private and public sector clients to address new ventures and complex problems involving our environment, natural resources, and civil infrastructure.
We deliver solutions through Geosyntec and our wholly-owned, specialty affiliates (MMI Engineering, SiREM, and GSM Consultancy), with a combined staff exceeding 800 engineers, scientists, and related technical and project support personnel. We serve our clients from more than 50 offices throughout the U.S., and locations in Australia, Canada, Malaysia, and the United Kingdom.
Since our founding in 1983, we have built top tier specialty practices to meet our clients' needs in:
- Environmental studies and remediation
- Natural resources assessment and restoration
- Engineering and design for environmental, water resources, geotechnical, and structural infrastructures
- Safety and risk evaluation, planning and mitigation
We are internationally known for our technical leadership, broad experience, and exceptional client service.
Contributions to the State of the Practice
Our applied research partnerships with leading universities, U.S. DOD, NASA, U.S. EPA, FHWA, and others are expanding the available technologies used for:
- In situ remediation of recalcitrant chemicals in the environment
- Management of urban watersheds to reduce pollutant loadings to receiving waters
- Protection of endangered species from the impacts of stormwater runoff
- Design of radioactive, industrial, and municipal waste disposal facilities
- Geotechnical and seismic analysis and design of water resource and transportation facilities
- Reliability analysis for extreme wind and wave loadings of offshore wind turbines
- Provide the best possible service and value to our clients.
- Give our clients better solutions to their unique problems and challenges by advancing technology in our primary practice areas.
- Create a stimulating, progressive, and friendly work environment that enables us to continue to recruit, retain, and develop the very best staff to serve our clients' needs.
We are the employer of choice for exceptionally talented engineers and scientists who share our core values and whose practice and client-service interests align with our own.
We are the consultant of choice for first-class clients, providing them with solutions and services of exceptional value to their initiatives and challenges involving the natural and built environments.
Our Core Values
We are a firm of professionals with shared values that define the culture of the company.
- We expect honesty, integrity, and true professionalism in all of our business practices.
- We value technology leadership and practice innovation as the foundations for producing solutions of exceptional value.
- We value personal entrepreneurship as the cornerstone for winning client support and exceeding client expectations. We expect our personnel to make their clients’ problems their own, and appreciate those who go the extra mile for their clients.
- We value project management excellence, with project managers that embrace the critically important practices of safe work operations, quality and risk management, and financial management.
- We value personnel that are passionate about the quality of the work products and services they provide and who demonstrate through their work a commitment to stewardship of the natural and built environments.
- We value the life-long professional development of our staff, through mentoring, training, and project collaboration.
- We expect teamwork and goodwill amongst all employees regardless of office affiliation or practice specialty. We are “one company” and value the contributions of everyone.
- We value a generous spirit in personnel who share their opportunities with coworkers and who, as true partners to their colleagues, are committed to the success of the team, not just to their individual success.
- We value and are committed to workplace diversity and equal opportunity for all employees. We also respect and support a healthy balance for our employees between work duties and home life.