Global Environmental Management Initiative (GEMI) has created tools and provided strategies to help business foster global environmental, health and safety excellence and economic success. GEMI provides a forum for corporate environmental leaders throughout the world to work together, learn from each other through the activities of work groups, benchmark with peers and create tools that can be used by GEMI members and others. GEMI is an organization of leading companies dedicated to foster global environmental, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability excellence through the sharing of tools and information to help business achieve environmental sustainability excellence.
GEMI is a global leader in developing insights and creating environmental sustainability solutions for business. For 20+ years, GEMI has captured the vision and experience of global corporate environmental, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability leaders from diverse business sectors through the development of a wide range of more than 30 publicly-available, solutions-based tools designed to help companies improve the environment, their operations and add business value. Spanning multiple eras of environmental management, GEMI has remained on the leading edge of EHS and sustainability issues and development. GEMI is an organization of leading companies dedicated to foster global environmental, health and safety (EHS) and sustainability excellence through the sharing of tools and information to help business achieve environmental sustainability excellence.
Through the collaborative efforts of its members, GEMI also promotes a worldwide business ethic for EHS management and sustainable development through example and leadership. GEMI is unique in that it provides a way for companies in a wide range of industrial sectors to work together in a cost effective manner. Members address strategic and tactical issues impacting progressive corporate environmental, health and safety activities in their companies around the world.
Vision: GEMI is a global leader in developing insights and creating environmental sustainability solutions for business.
Mission: Business helping business achieve environmental sustainability excellence.
- Identify and assess emerging issues vital to achieving a sustainable world while maintaining business growth.
- Leverage the experience and thought leadership of the Senior Advisory Council (SAC) to help drive meeting agendas and annual goals.
- Strengthen GEMI’s reputation in the community as a relevant, effective organization with unique assets by effectively communicating the mission, vision and accomplishments of GEMI and its members to internal and external audiences.
- Develop and maintain a vital membership of companies that maintain strong environmental sustainability values and goals and are committed to continuous environmental sustainability improvement and excellence, and sharing of successful techniques.
- Develop and promote e-tools, guidance documents and other effective mechanisms that help businesses link and enhance environmental sustainability and business performance, drawing on the capabilities of environmental sustainability and other appropriate professionals in member companies.
- Promote the adoption of environmental sustainability-related best practices among members through benchmarking programs and networking opportunities.
- Create effective partnerships with other national and international groups including non-governmental organizations, government agencies and other industry groups to better understand critical environmental sustainability issues and promote cooperative solutions.
- Ensure long-term fiscal health through good financial management and controlling growth in costs