Hosokawa Micron Powder Systems
Hosokawa Micron Powder Systems designs and manufactures size reduction systems and powder processing solutions for the Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Food, Mineral, Cosmetic and Plastic industries.Hosokawa is constantly working with the leading powder processing technologies from the most respected brand names throughout the world, in order to assure reliability, durability, and optimal product performance throughout the life of your machines. With brand names such as Mikro, Alpine, Micron, Vrieco-Nauta, Stott and Vitalair, we are proud to guarantee the perfect fit for your company’s processing needs.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Laboratory Equipment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Hosokawa Micron Powder Systemsdesigns and manufactures size reduction systems and powder processing solutions for the Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Food, Mineral, Cosmetic and Plastic industries.
Hosokawa is constantly working with the leading powder processing technologies from the most respected brand names throughout the world, in order to assure reliability, durability, and optimal product performance throughout the life of your machines. With brand names such as Mikro, Alpine, Micron, Vrieco-Nauta, Stott and Vitalair, we are proud to guarantee the perfect fit for your company’s processing needs.
We understand the importance of customer service, thus our Aftermarket Services team was originated to ensure quick turnaround times. We are able to deliver the parts you need within a 24 hour time period. In addition to the sale of precision-engineered parts, we also provide troubleshooting, maintenance, maintenance contracts and refurbishing. We also sell pre-owned Hosokawa equipment with limited warranties. Hosokawa Micron Powder Systems offers rental equipment for your short term production needs.
- Coarse to Ultra-Fine Size Reduction
- Classification & Separation
- Mixing, Blending & Drying
- Laboratory & Analytical Equipment
- Compaction, Granulation & Agglomeration
- System & Process Engineering
- Test Center & Analytical Service
- On-site Service & Maintenance
- Isolators, Glove Boxes & Hygienic Filling Systems
- Custom Toll Processing & Contract Manufacturing
- In 1923, the Pulverizing Machinery Company was founded in Roselle, NJ
- The invention of the Mikro Pulverizer® Hammer & Screen Mill was the first fine grinding mill of its type at that time
- The Company moved to Summit, NJ in 1940 & built a new manufacturing facility to accommodate growing demands
- During the World War II, the company processed millions of pounds of Magnesium for the war effort
- To address the demand for finer materials, the company developed the first air classifying mill in the 1950’s, the Mikro Atomizer® Air Classifying Mill
- The development of the highly successful Mikro ACM® Air Classifying Mill followed in 1962
- In 1985, the company was acquired by the Hosokawa Micron Group and was renamed Hosokawa Micron Powder Systems
- A new test center was built in 1988 to showcase a wide range of Hosokawa technologies for customer demonstrations
- Hosokawa begins offering contract toll processing services for Chemical and Mineral applications in 1992
- A new pharmaceutical testing facility was completed in 1995
- The Mikro LGM® Long Gap Mill is introduced in 2001 to address the need for specialty grinding applications
- In 2003, The Micron Air Jet Sieve MAJS-C , Hosokawa’s first computer assisted particle analyzer was introduced
- The Mikro® UMP Universal Milling System was developed in 2007, offering a new design & the flexibility of various milling options
- In 2009, the company established the Hosokawa Educational Center , a free online library of presentations & resources for process engineers
- The Mikro E-ACM , specifically designed for grit reduction applications was introduced in 2008
- The New Easy Access Mikro ACM® Air Classifying Mill was introduced in 2011 as a variation of the original ACM. It was specifically designed for food & pharmaceutical applications that require frequent and thorough equipment cleaning
- In 2013, the Mikro Air Jet Sieve® (MAJSx) was developed and introduced as Hosokawa’s newest particle size analyzer
- The new Mikro® Jet Fluid Energy Mill an economical ultra-fine jet milling system was introduced to the market in 2015
Hosokawa Micron Corporation
Hosokawa Micron Corporation was established in 1916 as Hosokawa Iron Works in Osaka, Japan. Today, the Hosokawa Micron Group is a world leader in providing process solutions in the fields of powder and particle processing technology. Hosokawa Micron Group maintains facilities for research, engineering, manufacturing and service throughout the Americas, Asia/Oceania, and Europe. With over 100 years of experience, the Hosokawa Micron Group continues to advance the field of powder and particle technology for the future with the development and commercialization of ultra-fine composite particles in the rapidly expanding field of Nano Particle technology.