HVR Water Purification AB
HVR Water Purification AB develops technology and products for the purification of household drinking water. It offers Elixir, a counter-top water purifier with an inbuilt kettle that produces pure drinking water even from impure raw water sources; air-cooled prototypes that are used to drive membrane distillation; and air heat exchanger water heaters. Our technology offers consumers the ability to produce drinking water free from harmful impurities – regardless of the original water quality. The company also provides distillation cassettes, modules, and counter-top solutions for adaptation in markets around the world.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water Filtration and Separation
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- less than 1,000,000 €
We have developed a solution to the world’s drinking water shortage problem based on the water purification technology Membrane Distillation (MD) without expensive filter changes. Our product concept offer consumers the ability to produce drinking water free from harmful impurities – regardless of the original water quality. As Elixir can purify water unfit for human consumption from existing tap water systems in many countries, the concept is a competitive alternative to for example bottled water. Elixir also desalinates seawater into fresh drinking water. The product program comprises two product solutions: a stand-alone (or table-top) unit and an integrated module in household appliances for residential heating and/or cooling (in particular those based on renewable energy principles).
HVR in brief
- HVRs mission is to develop and market products for the production of absolutely pure drinking water – irrespective of the original water quality – based on Membrane Distillation for consumer markets.
- HVRs vision is “wherever there is a demand for absolutely pure drinking water there should also an Elixir that can satisfy the consumer need”.
- HVRs business strategy is to sell its product Elixir as a stand-alone unit to market leading brands or as a module to system manufacturers of residential heating and cooling appliances.
- HVRs business model is based on development and production of the products core component, and distribution of Elixir products to consumer markets via Joint Ventures and system manufacturers.
- HVRs product solution Elixir is very competitive when compared to other water treatment devices and bottled water.
Our vision is that “wherever there is a demand for absolutely clean drinking water there should also be an Elixir that can satisfy the consumer need”.
The mission is to develop and market water purification technology based on Membrane Distillation for production of absolutely pure drinking water – irrespective of the original water quality – for consumer markets.
Our business strategy is to – via Joint Ventures with selected partner companies – sell the product concept Elixir as a component or module to system manufacturers, and as a stand-alone unit to leading brand retailers. The structure allows us to focus on production and development of the core component, and the marketing of Elixir.
Research and development focused on the production of ultrapure water for drinking (or food grade) water led to the foundation of HVR Water Purification in 1989. Basic product development was completed in 1998 and a series of units were sold for evaluation. The prototypes demonstrated that the technology could be integrated into a user-friendly product.
Further development was required to produce a solution for consumer markets. The first product was completed in 2001 and was spun off to the former subsidiary Purity AB. Since then, development has focused on improving performance and reducing the cost of production. The Elixir concept was completed during 2011 and is designed for mass production. It meets all safety standards and demonstrates the best performance to date.
HVR has previously declined licensing offerings in favor of the ambition to establish an independent consumer brand. This strategy showed too difficult to accomplish, wherefore the Company has decided to opt for an integrated solution and become a component supplier to system manufacturers.