Hydrobiology is an Australian environmental consulting company, offering integrated services in the physical, biological and chemical processes of environmental systems with a particular emphasis on the aquatic environment. We have key technical strengths in the areas of risk assessment, impact assessment, environmental hydrology, ecotoxicology, aquatic ecology, river mechanics, water quality, and contaminated sediment management. Hydrobiology`s focus is technical excellence and high level scientific expertise delivered within a commercial framework. Thus, we are able to provide our clients with the best possible understanding of environmental risk for their environmental and impact management needs.
- Hydrobiology is an Australian consulting company, offering integrated services in the physical, biological and chemical processes of aquatic systems.
- We have key technical strengths in the areas of hydrology, ecotoxicology and aquatic ecology, river geomorphology, water quality, geochemistry and contaminated sediment management.
- We are skilled and experienced in impact identification, assessment and auditing, and in the development and implementation of environmental management systems.
- Environmental management is principally about minimisation of environmental risk. We aim to ensure that stakeholders are provided with accurate, relevant information, and pragmatic, but effective management systems.
- Hydrobiology has extensive experience in the assessment and management of physical and biological impacts of resource industry development on aquatic systems, with a particular focus on tropical systems.
- We are also familiar with the general site environmental management issues and available solutions, site inspections and audits, environmental management system implementation, and rehabilitation/closure planning.
- Hydrobiology specialises in undertaking complex projects in remote and difficult locations, both within Australia and internationally.
- We apply high standards of QA/QC to our fieldwork and maintain up-to-date OHS procedures and training. We use state-of-the art instrumentation and monitoring techniques for our work.