ICM is a company on the leading edge of an exciting industry—one dedicated to realizing every benefit of biofuels technology. ICM takes pride in the fact that no other company`s equipment and proprietary technology are used in as many ethanol plants currently in operation throughout North America, than ICM`s. Backed by the most aggressive yield, energy, and emissions guarantees in the industry, these plants collectively produce 6.7 billion gallons of ethanol annually. Our equipment and processes are already used in the majority of U.S. ethanol plants, and we continue to develop processes to make ethanol production more efficient for our customers. ICM has also pioneered technology in power plants and grain processing facilities outside the ethanol industry, using our know-how to improve efficiencies across the entire biofuels spectrum—not just in the U.S., but around the globe.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Energy - Bioenergy
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
ICM takes pride in the fact that no other company's equipment and proprietary technology are used in as many ethanol plants currently in operation throughout North America, than ICM's. Backed by the most aggressive yield, energy, and emissions guarantees in the industry, these plants collectively produce 6.7 billion gallons of ethanol annually. ICM built these plants, and today our comprehensive line includes more than 30 products and services tailored to make all forms of biofuel production more efficient and more profitable than ever.
Armed with cutting-edge engineering and design tools and a relentless pursuit of improvement, the engineers, scientists, craftsmen, and construction management specialists at ICM come to work every day to ensure that the name ICM continues to be synonymous with quality, integrity, service, and innovation . . . not just in North America, but around the globe.
- Privately-held company headquartered in Colwich, Kansas, with a research and development facility and pilot plant in St. Joseph, Missouri
- More than 300 full-time employees across multiple disciplines
- 200 combined years of plant operations experience
- 50 associates dedicated to research and development, including 30 scientists and 5 Ph.D.s
- More than 345 combined years of engineering experience, including 10 P.E.s, comprise our engineering department, with engineering expertise spanning the mechanical, chemical, civil, electrical, agriculture, and environmental disciplines
- Comprehensive service capabilities
- Ethanol facility sales and services
- Engineering, project management, and construction
- Research and development
- Global project experience including work in Hungary, India and Mozambique, with four ethanol facilities in Canada.
- Our Mission is to provide innovative technologies, solutions and services to sustain agriculture and advance renewable energy, including food and feed technologies that will increase the supply of world protein.
- Maintain our reputation of quality, integrity, and commitment to the industry.
- Encourage creativity and the development of new technology for renewable energy.
- Use our expertise and partner with others to make advancements in renewable energy.
- Develop a culture of employee commitment and excellence, rewarded through personal development and incentive programs.
- Actively support those less fortunate through charitable stewardship.
Over the past two decades, ICM has learned a lot about biofuels, and today we’re leveraging that know-how to provide customers around the world with the quality, integrity, service, and innovation that can only come from the industry leader.
From the 102 U.S. facilities currently hosting ICM process technology to global projects in areas like Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Hungary, India and Mozambique, our passion continues to fuel the production of renewable energy worldwide.
Our unwavering commitment helped launch the U.S. ethanol industry, and that same commitment will help secure the future of renewable energy around the globe.
At ICM, we know that with healthy living comes more productivity, a better quality of life, and more energy for innovation. That’s why we launched our internal Healthy-U program – to support our employees in achieving their health and fitness goals. Through Healthy-U, we offer preventive and awareness education in the areas of health and fitness, financial management, and stress management.
The program also encourages employees to improve their health and well-being through initiatives like these:
- Biometric Screenings
- Educational Sessions
- Health Risk Assessments
- Incentive Programs
- Corporate Challenges
- Discount Fitness Memberships
- Health Newsletters
At ICM, Inc., we take seriously the safety and well-being of our employees, customers, and contractors in the field – making the personal safety and health for every individual the utmost importance.
By defining and implementing core elements through our internal safety program, ICM strives to achieve an effective, comprehensive program which prevents occupational injuries and illnesses that surpasses the best experience of operations similar to ours.
We provide information about hazards, hazard controls, safety and health rules, and emergency response procedures to all employees through mandatory, annual safety training, and ensure that all contractors are aware of their safety and health responsibilities while on work property.
We encourage all employees to participate with a genuine, wholehearted involvement in all aspects of the safety and health, including: compliance with all OSHA Safety and Health standards, internal policies, and continuously practicing careful, sound judgment.
Employees are also encouraged to report job-related illnesses, injuries, and incidents, and are provided prompt responses to reported incidents and hazard control situations.
Our program includes the following major elements:
- Management Leadership and Commitment
- Employee Involvement
- Hazard Identification and Assessment
- Hazard Prevention and Control
- Safety and Health Training
- Evaluation of Program Effectiveness
- Contractor Safety and Health Programs
- Worksite Analysis