Integrated Recycling Technologies is a privately held, Minnesota based company, specializing in the recycling of catalytic converters, electronic scrap, non-ferrous scrap, and precious metals. We process all circuit boards, memory, drives, Pentiums, monitors, and more. Our in-house shredder cuts down on refining fees, allowing us to pay top dollar on high-grade electronic scrap. We have the ability to process all material or offer brokerage service for large quantities to be refined.
Established in 1997 by Steve Budd, Integrated Recycling Technologies (IRT) is a Minnesota-based company specializing in the recycling of catalytic converters, precious metals, electronic scrap, and non-ferrous metals.
After a humble beginning in Steve’s garage, IRT has grown into a global competitor, processing 4.5 million pounds of non-ferrous, e-scrap, and catalyst per month, out of a modest 6-acre, 65-employee facility in Monticello, Minnesota. Their strong customer focus has helped the company continue to grow rapidly, even in the midst of the recent economic downturn.
Utilizing their ability to assay all precious metals, IRT is able to quickly and accurately grade catalyst material. This, along with their ability to hedge metals, ensures that their customers receive consistent and transparent pricing of their material. IRT has the ability to cut converters on-site, thereby saving on refining costs, and passing those savings along to their customers. To help eliminate error and maximize efficiency, IRT installed a state-calibrated truck scale in early 2009 to complement their floor scales and computerized buying system.
Buyers at IRT strive to develop custom-fit, long-lasting, mutually-beneficial relationships with customers, and pay promptly and fairly based on the most up-to-date market prices. This allows customers to gain maximum overall value from their metals. In addition, IRT offers brokerage services for any commodity, including ferrous and non-ferrous metals. These brokerage services allow their larger customers access to consumer-direct outlets in the finest global markets.
In 2011, IRT will continue its growth with infrastructure expansion, and continuing to build strong customer relationships by adding value through competitive pricing, and additional services. IRT has also renewed its commitment to environmental stewardship and safety by completing ISO 14001: 2004 Certification as of September 2010. Servicing small dealers with a handful of converters, and large dealers with multiple truck loads, no load is too small or too big for IRT.
Integrated Recycling Technologies, Inc. (IRT) is dedicated to minimizing its impact to the environment and protecting worker health and safety. These values originate at the company’s top management and are emphasized through all levels of responsibility within the organization.
As such, IRT is:
- Committed to providing the highest quality recycling of non-ferrous and precious metals.
- Committed to the prevention of pollution.
- Committed to managing used and end of life electronic equipment based on a reuse, recover, recycle hierarchy including onsite and downstream materials management throughout the recycling chain.
- Committed to managing Focus Materials outlined in the Responsible Recycling (“R2”) Practices Standards with due diligence to protect our environment.
- Committed to continuous improvement achieved through monitoring and rigorous evaluation.
- Committed to complying with all legal and other requirements.
- Committed to communicating and reinforcing this policy throughout our company, as well as, to our customers, our suppliers and to the public.