International Forward Osmosis Association (IFOA) is an international non-profit industry association with a singular focus on commercializing Forward Osmosis technology. It is composed of members from private companies, industry professionals, and research or academic organizations.
- Advocating for the global adoption, understanding and benefits of forward osmosis.
- Establishing and promoting forward osmosis industry standards, specifications, procedures and terminology.
- Providing a professional network for information exchange all topics related to forward osmosis.
- Providing a single industry voice between its membership and the general public.
- Encouraging cooperation between industry and government institutions for acceptance, regulation and performance standards for forward osmosis.
- The IFOA is governed by a Board of Directors composed of professionals from companies focused in forward osmosis commercialization.
- The Board of directors:
- Provide organizational strategy and leadership
- Help structure and supervise IFOA committees
- Recruit new board members
- Foster a collaborative spirit to promote the emerging technology