International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA)
The International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) is the world`s original and largest international certification body for auditors of management systems. IRCA provides two main services: Certification of auditors of management systems Approval of training organizations and certification of their auditor training courses
Organizations around the world recognize the value of using management systems to control business risk and contribute value. They rely on skilled professionals to assess the performance of their management practices to enhance efficiency and credibility.
IRCA's mission is to:
- Instill confidence in accredited certification worldwide by improving the performance of auditors
- Associate the IRCA name with integrity, best practice and adding value
- Promote auditing as a valued profession
- Provide an excellent administration service to all our stakeholders, which sets a benchmark for others to follow
- Improve the standard of auditors and auditor training
- Make IRCA certification available to all relevant organisations and individuals worldwide
- Promote best practice in auditing
IRCA was formed in 1984 as part of the UK government's enterprise initiative, designed to make industry and business more competitive through the implementation of quality principles and practices. This structure included IRCA, an accreditation body (now UKAS), a national standards making body (BSI Standards) and a number of commercial certification bodies. The original quality management standard used was the British standard BS 5750, which has since evolved to become ISO 9001.
IRCA has earned a reputation for integrity, contributing value and best practice. The evaluation and certification methods developed and used by IRCA have been adopted as the industry standard model used by other auditor certification bodies, which indicates that we remain the auditor certification that supplier organisations, certification bodies and auditors value most. Over 1 million auditors have attended an IRCA certified course since 1984 and more than 150 countries are represented on the IRCA register.