The International Society of Technical Environmental Professionals, Inc. (INSTEP), is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of environmental professionals. INSTEP continues to develop programs to enhance the environmental professional with topics including: Standards development. Education and certification. Coordination and consulting relating to both public and private interests.
INSTEP Objectives include:
- Development and assistance in the establishment of industry standards and public confidence in the performance of environmental services.
- Coordination with other organizations related to environmental consultation and services and liaison with industry development efforts.
- The evolution of environmental standards, education, and certification with market demands, laws, and appropriate regulations.
INSTEP offers to its members:
- Training in assessment methodology, education in environmental science and creation of professional practice guidelines.
- Opportunities to practice in INSTEP certification and education programs as well as committees.