JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH develops solutions and technologies for businesses and industries across a wide range of sectors and conducts top-level research at an international level. With a focus on applied research and technology development, the INNOVATION COMPANY plays a key role in transfer of technology and know-how in South-East-Austria.
JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH is a professional leader of innovation and provider of technology. Its entrepreneurial focus and track record of 30 years of cutting-edge research performed on an international scale has made it stand out form the crowd. This key function is to facilitate the transfer of technology and knowledge in South-East-Austria. For these reasons, it is perfectly suited for applied research and technology development.
JOANNEUM RESEARCH networks with members of national and international scientific and research communities. It is a recognised research partner whose scientific work fulfills the highest international standards. It supports companies during the development of technologies and processes. In this way, it makes a crucial contribution to secure and increase the competitiveness of Styria and Carinthia as a location for research, innovation and business.
JOANNEUM RESEARCH has re-positioned itself through a comprehensive strategic process in compliance with shareholders to meet all the scientific and economic requirements. During the course of this development new research content and objectives have been defined, the structures of the work have been adjusted to meet the new requirements and the task profiles have been streamlined.
JOANNEUM RESEARCH heightens the competitiveness of South-East-Austria as a research, innovation and business location through its activities in applied research and technology development, complying with the mandate from its shareholders.
Firmly embedded in the national and international scientific and research landscapes, JOANNEUM RESEARCH assumes responsibility in Sout-East-Austria for the key tasks:Innovation, networking and knowledge transfer
JOANNEUM RESEARCH also works together in close coordination and cooperation with companies and institutions, universities and universities of applied sciences, institutes of the Austrian Academy of Sciences and with public authority representatives.The corporate activities are aimed toward these benchmarks:
- Highest scientific quality to achieve the greatest economic effectiveness.
- Constant renewal and evaluation of the research portfolio taking into account and including the current results of fundamental research, the market developments and the evolving needs of society.
- Ensuring the scientific excellence and performance of an innovative and committed team of employees by offering carefully planned and targeted post-graduate measures. These are in line with the JOANNEUM RESEARCH competence development concept and help to create qualified employment opportunities.
- Active transfer of the available know-how into the economy, i. e. marketing of highly developed technologies, processes and products.
- Intensifying communication and cooperation among researchers and between researchers and industry, the public and both university and non-university research facilities in the European research landscape.
- Continued dedication to equal opportunities as a leading corporate policy objective against a background of social diversity. Shouldering responsibility as the leading Austrian enterprise for extramural research.
- JOANNEUM RESEARCH assumes a role of great importance among the non-university research facilities in Austria in the context of research ethics and technology. It is well aware of its exemplary role and societal responsibility.