Johnson Controls, Inc.
The future is being built today, and Johnson Controls is making that future more productive, more secure and more sustainable. We create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. At its core, that promise is about delivering innovation that make people’s lives – and the world – better.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors. Or browse our memberships .
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Renewable Energy
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- Over 1000
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
In 1885, long before anyone talks about carbon footprints or climate change, Warren Johnson launches a company to explore new ways to harness and conserve precious energy resources. In doing so, he also launches a tradition of customer-focused innovation—a tradition that has inspired thousands of employees for more than 130 years and that continues to drive the success of Johnson Controls. Even before he founds the firm now known as Johnson Controls, Warren Johnson is the quintessential inventor. His pneumatic tower clocks, electric storage batteries, wireless telegraph business and steam-powered luxury cars and postal service trucks anticipate—and shape—the future.
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Explore our site to learn how our innovative solutions are driving the future of urban efficiency.
Johnson Controls has long understood the value of diversity and inclusion. It is present in everything we embody – from our values to our Leader Expectations Model. Building on this history, our leadership is moving diversity and inclusion beyond a foundational value to a business imperative.
Our mission is to become the competitive leader and industry model for diversity and inclusion to enable operational excellence, growth and engagement. Our strategic focus in this area will allow us to be:
- Smarter, bringing more ideas, perspectives and experiences to solving problems, responding to customers and innovating.
- More accessible to more customers, suppliers and markets.
- More responsive through faster issue resolution, risk mitigation efficiency and accuracy.
- More capable, through greater access to a broader base of talent that stays longer and is more productive.
- More engaging, by inviting more individuals the opportunity to bring their whole self to work.
- Better performers than non-diverse and non-inclusive cultures on most measures of financial performance.
Culture of Inclusion
At Johnson Controls, we believe that diversity and inclusion matter and make a difference. By embracing the true value of diversity and inclusion, getting comfortable with having crucial conversations, and valuing different perspectives, we will be one of the most desirable places to work.
Johnson Controls supports and sponsors Business Resource Groups (BRGs) across the company. BRGs are an integral component of our overall workforce diversity strategy to create and sustain a diverse and inclusive workplace. They focus their efforts and initiatives using the 4C Model (career, culture, commerce and community) as a guide.
- BRGs are employee driven, voluntary and open to all employees.
- Our BRGs are global talent engines which showcase diverse perspectives to create business impact.
We have 10 different types of BRGs with more than 70 chapters, globally.
- Values First, the Johnson Controls Code of Ethics applies to everyone at Johnson Controls – including the Board of Directors, company officers, employees, agents and contract workers.
- Report actual or suspected violations of Johnson Controls Code of Ethics or the law to the Integrity Helpline. The Integrity Helpline is managed by an independent third-party provider.
- In addition to our Ethics Policy, we are committed to the principles in our Human Rights & Sustainability Policy.