Kalumetals is located in Derry, Pennsylvania along the Western foothills of the Allegheny Mountains. Kalumetals was founded in the mid 1970`s and began by developing a process and recycling path for tool-steel grinding swarf that was generated by the twist drill manufacturing industry. From those early days we have evolved into a multifaceted metals recycling facility with a world wide reputation for providing outstanding service and innovative handling of metal bearing industrial by-products. Kalumetals specializes in the processing and recycling of spent catalysts, metal sludges and metallic filtercakes. Additionally, there is a strong focus on the recycling of scrap metal powders, grindings, turnings and solids.
Our primary focus is on materials containing:
- Precious Metals
Kalumetals is committed to conducting its operations and handling of all materials in an environmentally sound manner. We believe in enhancing the quality of life in the areas we serve. We vow to continually improve the compatibility of our operations with the environment. Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) excellence is always our goal.
To achieve these principals, we:
- Maintain a safe and environmentally sound operation.
- Incorporate EHS considerations into all business activities.
- Foster openness and dialogue with colleagues, regulators and the public.
- Carry out regular EHS inspections and internal audits of operations.
- Regularly review EHS performance to ensure improvement .
- Minimize adverse environmental impacts of operations by meeting or surpassing environmental standards.
- Support company recycling and waste reduction programs.
- Communicate and reinforce environmental values throughout the company.
- Conduct mandatory training and testing for all employees in all areas of EHS.
- Devote research and development into finding improved beneficial reuses.