KIDOVA, formerly FSS International r&d, specializes in different fields in the oil & gas, environment (soil, groundwater, air) and nuclear or hazardous waste disposal sectors. These fields include: geostatistics (spatial and spatiotemporal data analysis and modeling), characterization and upscaling of porous and naturally fractured rock properties, simulation of single and multiphase flows in porous and fractured media, structural and geological modeling. KIDOVA’s services cover: research and development, consulting, training.
Since 1993, KIDOVA specializes in different fields in the oil & gas, environment (soil, groundwater, air) and nuclear or hazardous waste disposal sectors. These fields include:
- Geostatistics, spatial and spatiotemporal data analysis and modeling.
- Characterization and upscaling of porous and naturally fractured rock properties.
- Simulation of single and multiphase flows in porous and fractured media.
- Mesh or grid generation and optimization.
- Structural and geological modeling.
KIDOVA’s services cover:
- Research and development, to elaborate innovative and efficient approaches often leading to scientific software solutions.
- Consulting, to take in charge or to assist clients to carry out expert studies.
KIDOVA serves a broad clientele that includes industrial, governmental and research organizations.
Since it has been created, KIDOVA maintains close links with academic institutions. It is also used to develop and manage partnerships with other high technology companies to complement or reinforce expertise and experience in research or study projects.
KIDOVA, formerly FSS International r&d, is a French company which has been created in 1993 as associated with the FSS International Group of Companies. Initiated in the late 1980’s to promote geostatistics and its application to natural resource evaluation and risk assessment, this group of companies, which was maintaining close links with Stanford University’s School of Earth Sciences, was initially present in North-America, Europe and Australia. FSS International r&d changed its name to KIDOVA in January 2009, after FSS International Europe, which survived the rest of the group, was dissolved.
Key assets of KIDOVA
The particularity of KIDOVA relies on five key assets of the company.
- High expertise in geostatistics and spatial data analysis and modeling for application to petroleum, environment (soil, groundwater and air), geological disposal/storage and potentially mining.
- High expertise in the analysis, modeling and simulation of single and multiphase flows in porous and fractured media.
- General and practical knowledge in various earth sciences fields as required for successful collaborations on technical matters: petroleum and mining engineering, geology, hydrogeology, environmental engineering, rock mechanics and geophysics.
- High expertise and experiment in design and development of efficient and user-friendly scientific software and libraries.
- Willing and ability to develop collaborations and partnerships with academic institutions but also with other high technology companies in joint research or study projects to complement or reinforce expertise and experience.
KIDOVA is already active in different sectors for more than 15 years.
1. Oil & gas
- Structural and geological facies modeling from log and seismic data.
- Geostatistical modeling of spatially distributed rock properties.
- Static and dynamic modeling of naturally fractured reservoirs from various geological, structural, seismic and geomechanical data.
- Conditioning of porous and naturally fractured reservoirs to dynamic data.
- Adaptive gridding and grid optimization, upscaling.
- Soil contamination: geostatistical modeling of contaminant grades, uncertainty quantification, risk analysis and decision making for contaminated soil management.
- Groundwater contamination: geostatistical modeling, flow and transport simulation, multiphase and compositional simulation of light or heavy non-aqueous phase liquid contaminant.
- Air quality: multivariate and geostatistical analysis and modeling of spatiotemporal distributions of contaminant concentrations.
3. Geological disposal of nuclear or hazardous wastes
- Characterization and geostatistical modeling of flow and mechanical properties.
- Simulation of two phase (gas and water) flows in porous and fractured media.
- Stochastic modeling of flow and transport phenomena and risk analysis for decision making.
- Research and development: elaborating innovative and efficient approaches often leading to scientific software solutions.
- Consulting: taking in charge or assisting clients to carry out expert studies.
- Training: transferring technology to our clients.