Lawter, part of Harima Chemicals Group, is a company strong in pine chemicals and built on products developed using pine chemical resources. Over the past 60 years, highly successful businesses have come together to create the company we are today – a leading global supplier to the graphic arts, adhesives, specialty coatings, aroma chemicals and the synthetic rubber industries. Lawter operates in over 20 countries with 9 manufacturing and technology centers. Our strength is built on formulating technology, strategic raw material sourcing and our global network of manufacturing capabilities. We are paving the way for the next generation of sustainable solutions in the specialty chemicals industry.
Satisfied customers are the key to our success. We pursue total customer satisfaction by understanding our customer’s business, organization, and strategy in an effort to efficiently predict and meet all their requirements. We will rank among the industry’s most valued suppliers by the customers we serve.
We value the skills, strengths, and perspectives of our diverse global team. We advocate a participatory workplace enabling our associates to make decisions that advance our common business objectives.
We strive to be innovative in all that we do. Innovation and creativity are requirements to deliver value in terms of products and services. Innovation is a culture throughout the organization which we practice everyday.
We provide a safe workplace and promote the health and well-being of the Lawter family. We encourage associates to volunteer in their communities supporting the causes that they value. Our business activities will not jeopardize our environment.
In order to guarantee our future the business must produce a profit generating fair returns on the assets entrusted to us by our shareholders.
We always choose the high road by practicing the highest ethical standards and by honoring our commitments. We take personal responsibility for our actions and treat everyone fairly with trust, dignity, and respect.
As a leading specialty chemical producer and supplier, Lawter is committed to excellence in quality environmental, health and safety (QEHS) performance. QEHS performance and technology to reaching cleaner and better chemistry in harmony with people and nature is essential for our long-term business success. We will operate our business according to best practices and responsible QEHS management principles which will be incorporated into our Lawter management system and will be the foundation of our global QEHS management program.
Accordingly, Lawter will:
- Operate in an ethical, safe, and environmentally responsible manner that protects our associates, customers, and communities while benefiting society, the economy, and the environment.
- Comply with all applicable EHS laws and regulations and partner with governments and other stakeholders to implement effective and efficient EHS programs.
- Assess the QEHS and security implications of our operations and products mitigating risks using effective Product Stewardship measures
- Minimize the environmental impact of our operations and products supporting the sustainability of our business.
- Foster a culture to continually identify, reduce, and manage associated QEHS and process safety risks throughout all levels of our organization and ensure necessary support for individuals to carry out their responsibilities.
- Be prepared to respond appropriately to emergencies arising as a consequence of our operations and/or products.
- Educate our associates, contractors, customers, and our communities on safe and environmentally responsible use and handling of our products.
- Be a good neighbor in the communities we operate, communicating openly about our risks, QEHS programs, and performance in a transparent process encouraging dialogue with all stakeholders.
- Establish meaningful QEHS performance measures and self-assessment programs that drive continuous improvement in our business processes while aligning with the International Best Practice Standards.
All associates, contractors, and others working on Lawter’s behalf are expected to take the path of highest integrity. They are expected to communicate any QEHS concerns to Lawter management enabling prompt investigation and actions resulting in full and continuous compliance with our QEHS policy.