Headquartered in Mountain View, California, Locus’ principal focus is environmental and energy information management offered through a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform. Since its founding in 1997, Locus has believed in the power of the Internet to manage all aspects of the environmental business, leading us to invest in the development of a comprehensive suite of environmental information management applications. Our streamlined, easy-to-use software provides customers with a common interface for the wealth of data collected and developed as a part of their environmental, compliance, and sustainability management and reporting activities.
- Business Type:
- Software vendor
- Industry Type:
- Environmental - Environmental Data and IT Systems
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Locus' Environmental Information Management (EIM) and Cloud Platform software are the world’s first and largest online environmental database systems designed for environmental professionals. EIM is used on thousands of sites worldwide to manage analytical data, compliance, sustainability, greenhouse gasses, environmental data sets, report preparation, data validation, boring logs and cross sections, aerial photos display, and more. Locus customers gain actionable insight into carbon emissions, water quality and consumption, energy use, and other environmental factors so that they can lower their environmental impact while monetizing on operational efficiency.
Locus offers robust, cost-effective environmental risk management solutions, giving businesses and governments alike the power to be green on demand while lowering operational costs.
Locus Technologies' strength lies with our talented and experienced environmental professionals. Whether it’s developing the next generation of environmental portals or devising creative and cost-effective closure solutions, our team brings the domain knowledge and hands-on experience to meet the challenges facing our customers today and in the future.
What is a Locus?
lo•cus Latin —
- a: the place or site where something is situated or occurs;
- b: a center of activity, attention, or concentration the set of all points whose location is determined by stated conditions
“Locus in quo” …Latin, “Place in which” you hold your data.
Smart Software Solutions for Your Environmental Data Management Needs
At Locus, our strategic focus never varies— consistently delivering intelligent, well-designed software applications that add real value to our customers’ bottom line. The success of these applications is rooted in the deep environmental domain and content experience of our team, our renowned data management capabilities, and our access to world-class technology. Locus’ perseverance has resulted in the development of the world’s first commercial online environmental data storage, management, collaboration, and compliance system that revolutionizes the way environmental data is stored, accessed, managed, and reported— ultimately saving our customers time and money and giving them the power to be 'green on demand'.
Headquartered in Mountain View, California, Locus’ principal focus is environmental and energy information management offered through a Software as a Service (SaaS) platform.
Since its founding in 1997, Locus has believed in the power of the Internet to manage all aspects of the environmental business, leading us to invest in the development of our Environmental Information Management (EIM™) database and ePortal, a comprehensive suite of environmental information management applications. Our streamlined, easy-to-use software provides clients with a common interface for the wealth of data collected and developed as a part of their energy and carbon management and environmental activities.
Locus operates in two segments of the environmental marketplace:
- Environmental Software: Locus’ environmental software services provide a completely new method of delivering environmental information and services with unprecedented speed. The company focuses on several areas of the environmental industry, where Internet-based technologies can reduce costs, bring more order and discipline, and/or improve access to key environmental information.
- Environmental Services: Locus provides specialized consulting services in areas such as groundwater and soil contamination, risk management, chemical management, sustainability, greenhouse gas management, due diligence, environmental health and safety (EH&S) compliance, strategic environmental planning, and remedy selection and design. The company develops strategies to evaluate and manage risks associated with EH&S issues and prepares cost-effective, science-based solutions to those problems. Locus gains its domain expertise, necessary for software development, directly from its consulting business services.