Long Painting is an industrial/marine and commercial painting contractor with 45 years of experience serving the Western States. Long Painting places a premium on safety, quality and service. Offers applicator of coatings and linings, including abrasive blasting, fireproofing, chemical resistant coatings and preventative maintenance programs. We service the Western United States, including ALaska and Hawaii.
Our mission statement embodies the business philosophy of the late Ty Long, founder of Long Painting Company. Ty and his wife, Anne, started the company in 1967 in Seattle, Washington. We have grown to service the western United States, Alaska and Hawaii as a union signatory commercial and industrial painting contractor.
Since 1998, Long Painting Company is owned and operated by three long-term managers: Chairman of the Board Mike Cassidy; President John Fisher; and Denica Bucklin, Chief Financial Officer.
Success does not happen by chance. Long Painting Company takes great pride in our work and in our people. We have developed systems of training and teamwork to assure quality work and customer satisfaction. We feel no job is 'impossible'; it just needs careful planning and expert crafts people. Our 'can-do' attitude and dedication to quality goes beyond the walls of Long Painting Company. We continually work to upgrade quality standards, promote safety training and enhance labor relations throughout the entire painting industry.
Our mission is to provide customers with quality painting and related contracting services while providing a safe work place for our employees, safeguarding the environment and the public, and receiving a fair return on investment.
Coatings - Approved Applicator
- Intumescent Fireproof Coatings (Carboline, ALBI Fireproofing, Isolatek)
- Madison Coatings
- Raven Linings
- Sherwin-Williams (tank lining)
- QP1 - Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC) - Certified Industrial Painting Contractor.
- QP2 - Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC) - Certified in Lead and Hazardous Paint Removal.
- QP9 - Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC) - Certified in Architectural Coatings on Commerical or Institutional Structures
- (See www.sspc.org for a complete description of these certifications.)
- C-7 Abrasive Blasting Program
- 30 Hour OSHA
- NACE Level III Certified Coating Inspectors on Staff
- LEED AP Certified
EPA Lead Certification under 40 CFR Part 745
- Long Painting was issued a certification by the State of Washington, Department of Community, Trade and Economic Development, Lead-based Paint Program to perform lead based paint activities in target housing and child-occupied facilities in the state of Washington. This certification was issued after an evaluation of Long’s current safety procedures and its past records of working on projects involving lead based paint.
- There are very few painting contractors in Washington with this certification and it is another testament to Long’s goal of conducting its operations in a manner that protects both its employees and the environment from the detrimental effects of lead.