Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent international energy company.Based in Houston, Texas, the Company has activity in North America, Europe and Africa. The Company has three reportable operating segments, each of which is organized and managed based primarily upon geographic location and the nature of the products and services it offers. The three segments are as follows.International E&P – explores for, produces and markets liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas outside of North America and produces and markets products manufactured from natural gas, such as liquefied natural gas (LNG) and methanol in Equatorial Guinea.International E&P – explores for, produces and markets liquid hydrocarbons and natural gas outside of North America and produces and markets products manufactured from natural gas, such as liquefied natural gas (LNG) and methanol in Equatorial Guinea.
Marathon Oil Corporation creates value for our shareholders and provides quality products and services for our customers. In doing so, we act responsibly toward those who work for us, the communities in which we operate and our business partners. These are the core values that guide our approach to business:
- Health and Safety: We conduct our business with high regard for the health and safety of our employees, contractors and neighboring communities.
- Environmental Stewardship: We are committed to minimizing environmental impacts by reducing wastes, emissions and other releases.
- Honesty and Integrity: We uphold high standards of business ethics and integrity, enforce strict principles of corporate governance and support transparency in all of our operations.
- Corporate Citizenship: We live by our principles of corporate social responsibility and make a difference through our philanthropic, social development and volunteer programs.
- High Performance: We create sustainable value through a high performance team culture and provide a collaborative, supportive work environment where employees are encouraged to reach their full professional potential.
Marathon recognizes that operating in communities and countries is a privilege. We manage our business in a way that promotes social, environmental and economic benefits for our stakeholders. We believe that our efforts to build a competitive workforce, enhance health and wellbeing, and protect the environment benefit both Marathon and the communities where we operate.
The foundation to our approach is Living Our Values, our long-standing commitment to health and safety, environmental stewardship, honesty and integrity, corporate citizenship and a high performance team. Our Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Policy keeps us focused on key concepts that help align our social responsibility efforts with our business goals, needs and operations.