Since 1967, Markland Specialty Engineering has been designing and manufacturing process monitoring and control instrumentation that is valued by operators, managers and consultants, in diverse sectors, around the globe. Municipal water & wastewater treatment to measure primary, secondary, return-activated, and backwash sludge. Industrial processing and water & wastewater clarification in mining operations; petrochemical, pharmaceutical, food, mineral & chemical manufacture; pulp-and-paper & power generation plants.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Water and Wastewater - Water Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
- $1,000,000 US - $10,000,000 US
Markland Specialty Engineering Limited was founded in 1967 by J.R. (Reg) Tansony, and was launched with his patented “Duckbill” Sampling System. Since then, this Canadian company has continued to design and manufacture process control instrumentation for use in water and wastewater treatment, and industrial applications.
Markland has been honoured with awards for two of its instruments:
- the Model 600 Sludge Depth Meter: Environmental Science & Engineering Magazine’s Award of Excellence – Equipment Category, as part of its National Environmental Awards Program, recognising Excellence in Environmental Design Facilities
- the Model 10 Portable Sludge Level Detector – Sludge Gun: Pollution Engineering Magazine’s 5-Star Award, for significant advancement in environmental control technology.
Markland continues to build upon those accomplishments, offering products that reduce costs to the customer and the environment, in fields as diverse as municipal wastewater treatment, manufacturing, mining and power generation, around the globe.
Today, Markland celebrates its history of producing reliable instruments and maintains its dedication to high quality customer service by providing factory-direct support and quick delivery.
Reduce your energy and maintenance costs
- Run desludge pumps only when necessary.
Avoid costly overflows
- Maintain your preferred sludge depth.
Optimize your chemical dosing
- Know the density of your sludge or slurry.
Lower your costs for additional processing
- Maximize your sludge concentration.
Facilitate regulatory compliance monitoring
- Automate composite sampling.
We offer, at no-charge, a complete engineering report of our instrument’s response to your material. Markland works to ensure that our products are well suited for each application, and has built a reputation for reliable instruments, factory-direct support and fast delivery.