Meteotest has been working in the heart of Bern for 37 years. Meteotest is a private independent Swiss company. It was founded in 1981 and by today is one of the most experienced service providers for weather, climate and environmental data in Europe. Our team consists of 35 scientists, engineers and computer scientists. We process orders from private and public companies and institutions in Switzerland and abroad.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Monitoring and Testing - Environmental Monitoring
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Meteotest is a leading company in weather, climate, environment and IT science. We are characterised by a high customer focus, expertise and technical competence.
Meteotest is an agile company: We develop our products and services along current trends and issues. Where we see a corresponding market potential, we grow organically.
Meteotest is an SME owned by its employees. We are an attractive employer – a high level of commitment on the part of all employees forms the basis for a trustful cooperation. Profits are invested in further developments and shared with employees and shareholders.
Financial and professional independence form the basis for acting as a neutral service provider. Strategic partnerships strengthen our position in the market.
We live entrepreneurship – we are confident and pleased about our success stories. We consciously weigh up opportunities and risks and make profound business decisions.
The focus is on long-term success and continuity in the interest of our customers and employees. With entrepreneurial agility, we also recognize and realize short-term opportunities.
Customer benefit and added value
The needs of our customers are at the center of our actions. We offer expertise, quality, flexibility and pragmatism and thus add value for each of our customers. This individual customer benefit is reflected in a corresponding price, which we stand in for.
Our transparent way of working is the basis for a close relationship of trust with our customers. We take criticism seriously and are answerable for mistakes.
Innovation and efficiency
Our services and products are modern and innovative. We are technically and professionally up to date, always curious and we enjoy challenges. Likewise, we focus on continuity and optimization through sustainable and efficient solutions.
Individuality and team spirit
Our employees are the most important assets of the company. Meteotest encourages and also demands individual responsibility, addresses the needs of employees and offers a flexible working time model.
We attach great importance to good and binding communications, trust and a team-oriented working atmosphere with an open error culture.
Our organizational structure is transparent and adaptable. The flat hierarchy creates short decision paths and high flexibility. Our internal processes are efficient and reliable. We stay agile and question ourselves critically again and again.
We regard the world as a loan from our children. The preservation of a liveable environment and a sustainable use of natural resources are a matter of course for us.
- Meteotest has been committed to environmental concerns since it was founded. In 1992, we set up one of the first wind power plants in Switzerland.
- Today, we produce almost half of our electricity consumption with the company's 17 kWp photovoltaic system installed on the Meteotest building. The remaining electricity requirements are covered by Swiss electricity from hydropower, biomass and solar energy.
- 'Green IT': By virtualizing the internal servers we save hardware and power. Our web servers are located in a computing center which is operated 100% with CO2 free hydropower.
- If possible, we use public transport for business trips. If flights are necessary, we compensate the CO2 emissions with myclimate
- Meteotest is a member of NEUE ENERGIE Bern, a group of companies committed to renewable energy and energy efficiency.
- The company is pleased that all employees help to contribute to these basic ecological ideas. More than 90% of commuting is done on foot, by bicycle or by public transport.