Metrohm is a worldwide leading manufacturer of precision instruments for chemical analysis. In the field of electrochemical ion analysis Metrohm has been the unchallenged world number one for many years. This is reflected in the company’s comprehensive product range: pH meters, ion meters, conductometers, potentiometric, thermometric and Karl Fischer titration, polarography, voltammetry and CVS, ion chromatography, near-infrared and Raman spectroscopy, stability measurement of fats, oils and biofuels, process analysis. Automation in titration, voltammetry, ion chromatography and process control. However, Metrohm offer much more than just instruments. In their laboratories they develop customized applications to help their customers safeguard the quality of their products, comply with regulations and optimize processes. Metrohm is exclusively represented in more than 80 countries, in more than 40 of which they have their own subsidiaries.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Laboratory Equipment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Metrohm – from start-up to global player
Metrohm is one of the world’s most trusted manufacturers of high-precision instruments for chemical analysis. Metrohm was founded in 1943 by engineer Bertold Suhner in Herisau, Switzerland.
Today, we are present in more than 80 countries with our own subsidiaries and exclusive distributors.
Headquartered in Herisau, Switzerland, the Metrohm Group also includes Metrohm Applikon and Metrohm Autolab, manufacturers of online analyzers and instruments for electrochemical research, respectively.
We are the global market leader in analytical instruments for titration.
Instruments for ion chromatography, voltammetry, conductivity, and stability measurement make our portfolio for ion analysis complete. Near-infrared and Raman spectroscopy is another, strongly growing segment of our portfolio.
The techniques and methods for laboratory analysis are also available for automated in-process analysis. Metrohm Applikon has created a wide range of solutions covering any needs in a variety of industries.
The Metrohm Process Analytics brand embodies Metrohm’s expertise in lab chemistry and Metrohm Applikon’s decades of know-how in process analysis.
Electrochemistry plays an important role in groundbreaking technologies such as battery research, fuel cells, and photovoltaics.
Metrohm’s electrochemistry portfolio covers everything from potentiostats/galvanostats to accessories and software.
Our two subsidiaries specializing in electrochemistry, Metrohm Autolab, based in Utrecht, Netherlands, and Metrohm DropSens, based in Asturias, Spain, develop and produce a comprehensive portfolio of electrochemistry equipment
Metrohm Raman, based in Laramie, Wyoming (USA), develops and produces handheld Raman spectrometers.
This latest addition to the Metrohm family expands the Metrohm portfolio to include novel, portable instruments for materials identification and verification.
If there was a phrase to put our philosophy in a nutshell, it would be «closer to you» – in a very comprehensive sense of the phrase.
Our instruments and services are not available from dealers. It is always you and your local Metrohm sales representative, service engineer, or application specialist. They speak your language, they are professionals like you, and more likely than not, you may have known them for years.
We have always kept a focus on the practical application of our instruments.
If you are facing a particular analytical challenge, you are likely to find a solution among our thousands of applications documented in our databases. If you cannot find it there, we are happy to develop it for you.
Quality you can trust: Our Swiss-made instruments and products offer you exceptional quality.
In addition, you can rely on us as a supplier in terms of service quality, sustainability, and social responsibility – We have been awarded Silver Recognition Level by EcoVadis, a group that assesses the quality of companies as suppliers.
This rating places Metrohm AG among the top 30% of companies with regard to sustainability and CSR practices.
As the specific properties of virtually all substances and materials are ultimately determined by their chemical composition, our instruments and know-how can be found in the laboratories of almost all industries, research institutes, and official bodies.
Our most important markets are the chemical, the petrochemical, and the pharmaceutical industry followed by the food industry, the power industry, and many others.
In today’s fast-moving global economy, companies and brands are bought and sold on short notice – with unpredictable consequences for customers as well as employees. This cannot happen to Metrohm.
We have been owned by the Metrohm Foundation since 1982. The Metrohm Foundation, which does not have any influence on the company’s business operations, sponsors students in the natural sciences, supports charitable and philanthropic purposes and, above all, safeguards the independence of the Metrohm company.
Bertold Suhner (1910–1988), the founder of Metrohm AG.
Training tailored to your needs
The Metrohm Academy is the place to learn everything there is to know about Metrohm systems and their applications.
Our new training facilities are state of the art and the courses are taught by professionals with an extensive background in titration, ion chromatography, voltammetry, stability measurement, automation, and software.
It goes without saying that all courses with international participation are taught in English.
What we offer you
- Trainings on Metrohm hardware
- Trainings on Metrohm software
- Application courses
- Special trainings
- Symposia and conferences
It would be our pleasure to welcome you to our Metrohm seminars focusing on practical challenges in quality control.
We will present our latest applications as well as tips and tricks how to increase productivity in your lab. There will be plenty of opportunities for talking to peers from your industry and, of course, the experts from the world’s leader in ion analysis.
Check out our Webinar Center and find videos on a variety of topics and techniques.
The recorded webinars cover theoretical and practical aspects of analytical techniques, industry-specific applications, troubleshooting, and more.
You decide what you learn
Whether you book a training on a particular type of Metrohm instruments or an industry-specific application course – we will tailor your course to your needs. Prior to your course we will discuss what your specific needs are and then we will decide on a curriculum that addresses them as accurately as possible.
- Water analysis for municipal wastewater treatment - Government - Municipalities
- Quality assurance of pharmaceuticals - Chemical & Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceutical
- Laboratory instruments solutions for surface finishing industry - Monitoring and Testing - Laboratory Equipment
- pH value and conductivity measurement for power plants - Energy
- Laboratory instruments solutions for environmental industry - Environmental
- Air quality monitoring - Air and Climate - Air Monitoring and Testing
- Bromate analysis for the drinking water industry - Water and Wastewater - Drinking Water
- Laboratory instruments solutions for chemical industry - Chemical & Pharmaceuticals - Fine Chemicals
pH measurement: Six technical tipsAuthor: Christian Haider
The pH value is one of the most important and therefore also one of the most frequently measured quantities in analytical chemistry. Sometimes, a simple pH test strip is sufficient for making a rapid ...
- 917 - Coulometer Brochure
- Metrohm ICON - Model ICON000010 - Online Photometer for Water and Wastewater Analysis - Brochure
- Metrohm MagIC Net - Intelligent Software for Ion Chromatography - Brochure
- Metrohm - Model 797 VA - Computrace Instrument for Voltammetry Stand for Trace Analysis System - Brochure
- TacticID-GP Plus Handheld Raman Instrument - Brochure
- i-Raman EX - Portable Raman Spectrometer - Data Sheet
- 884 Professional VA Universal System Solution for Voltammetry and CVS - Datasheet
- 894 Professional CVS Cyclic Voltammetric Stripping for the Determination of Additives in Electroplating Baths - Brochure
- 110CNT / C1110CNT Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- Core-Shell Quantum Dots ZnS/CdSe Modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- Gold Nanoparticles modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrodes - Brochure
- Streptavidin Modified Gold-Nanoestructured Screen-Printed Carbon Electrodes - Brochure
- SpectroElectrochemiluminescence Instrument for Screen-Printed Electrodes - Brochure
- 910 PSTAT mini Small and Compact, PC-Controlled Potentiostat - Brochure
- 110GPH / C1110GPH Graphene modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrodes - Brochure
- Carbon Nanomaterials Gold Nanoparticles modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrodes - Brochure
- 110GPHOX / C1110GPHOX - Graphene Oxide Modified Screen-Printed Electrodes - Brochure
- 110MC / C1110MC Mesoporous Carbon modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrodes - Brochure
- 110NI / C1110NI Nickel Oxide modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrodes - Brochure
- 110OMC / C1110OMC Ordered Mesoporous Carbon modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- Metrohm 110PANI / C1110PANI - Polyaniline Modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- Metrohm 110QD / C1110QD - Core Quantum Dots CdSe Modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- Metrohm 110RGPHOX / C1110RGPHOX Reduced Graphene Oxide Modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- Metrohm 110STR Streptavidin Modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- 910 Screen-Printed Palladium Electrode - Brochure
- 96X110 96X Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- 96X110CNT 96X Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrodes - Brochure
- 96X110CNT-GNP 96X Multi-Walled Carbon Nanotubes / Gold Nanoparticles Modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- 96X110GNP 96X Gold Nanoparticles modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- 96X110GNP-STR 96X Streptavidin modified Gold Nanostructured Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- 96X110STR 96X Streptavidin modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- 96X110SWCNT 96X Single-Walled Carbon Nanotubes Modified Screen-Printed Carbon Electrode - Brochure
- Air and Climate - Air Monitoring and Testing
- Chemical & Pharmaceuticals
- Chemical & Pharmaceuticals - Fine Chemicals
- Chemical & Pharmaceuticals - Petrochemical
- Chemical & Pharmaceuticals - Pharmaceutical
- Electronics and Computers
- Energy - Bioenergy
- Energy - Energy Monitoring and Testing
- Food and Beverage
- Government - Municipalities
- Monitoring and Testing
- Monitoring and Testing - Laboratory Equipment
- Plastics & Resins
- Soil and Groundwater - Soil and Groundwater Monitoring and Testing
- University / Academia / Research
- Water and Wastewater - Drinking Water
- Water and Wastewater - Water Monitoring and Testing