Metso’s Recycling professionals offer customized solutions for metal and waste recycling covering the entire project from analysis and design to installation and commissioning. With easy-to-operate products, low maintenance needs, in-depth service support and extensive technical know-how, we help customers to improve the efficiency and productivity of their recycling operations. Metso Recycling business is part of Metso Corporation, a global supplier of technology and services to customers in the process industries.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Waste and Recycling - Recycling Systems
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Metso is a leading process performance provider, with customers in the mining, construction, and oil & gas industries. Our focus is on the continuous development of intelligent solutions that improve sustainability and profitability. Metso’s shares are listed on the NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Ltd. Metso employs around 16,000 professionals in 50 countries. Expect results.
Key figures 2013
- Net sales: EUR 3,858 million (EUR 4,282 million), of which EUR 1,976 million (EUR 2,072) came from services sales.
- Orders received: EUR 3,709 million (EUR 4,215 million), of which EUR 2,038 million (2,153 million) came from services orders.
- EBITA before non-recurring expenses: EUR 496 million, 12.8% of net sales (EUR 486 million, 11.4%). Non-recurring expenses totaled EUR 54 million (EUR 11 million).
- Personnel (Dec 31, 2013) around 16,000
Case Boral: Boral chooses Metso Lokotrack LT160 to help build Sydney's future
Rigorous research into finding a crusher that could handle the planned production volume at the Peppertree plant, situated around 180 kilometers south west of Sydney, led Boral to select Metso’s Lokotrack LT160 together with the company’s patented Lokolink mobile conveyor system.
Weighing in at an amazing 285 tonnes and measuring 12 meters high by 25 meters in length, the Lokotrack LT160 at Peppertree is the largest mobile crusher in the southern hemisphere. Extensive design consultation between Boral’s technical staff and Metso’s design team prior to design finalization and manufacture has produced the most sophisticated machine of its kind, with a number of innovations not seen on a mobile machine before.
Our businesses at a glance
We have two reporting segments: Mining and Construction, consisting of Minerals Processing Solutions, Crushing and Screening Equipment and Services business lines, Automation, consisting of Process Automation Systems, Flow Control and Services business lines.
Metso was created through the merger of Valmet and Rauma in 1999. Valmet at that time was a paper and board machine supplier, while Rauma’s operations were focused on fiber technology, rock crushing and flow control solutions. The merger produced an equipment supplier serving the global process industry. Soon after the merger, Metso Corporation started to build its mining offering by acquiring Svedala Industri AB. Following an active acquisition and organic growth strategy, Metso soon became one of the world’s leading process industry suppliers.
2013 marked a special turning point in Metso’s history when the decision was made to split the company into two listed, independent entities: Metso Corporation and Valmet Corporation. The latter continues the history of Valmet by serving industries that use bio-based raw materials. Metso focuses on intelligent solutions and services for the mining, construction, and oil and gas industries. Metso also continues to provide leading process automation and flow control solutions and services for the pulp, paper and power generation industries as well as selected other industries.
Our core customer industries are mining, construction, and oil and gas. We have a strong global or niche market position in all of these. In Automation we also continue to serve the pulp, paper and power generation industries.
Our aim is to strengthen and expand our leading market positions in our core businesses in order to achieve faster-than-market growth and improved profitability. The unique combination of equipment, services and intelligence in our existing offering can deliver customer value propositions that improve customers' operational efficiency, safety, sustainability and cost effectiveness over the life cycle. These elements can be supplied to our customers through our standard or value-based business models, either as stand-alone offerings or as different types of combinations.
Our strategic ambition is to become the leading process performance provider for our customers to enable them to achieve sustainable process improvements. Our capabilities and our market-leading businesses and technologies put us in a unique position to realize this ambition. The core of this strategy as an intelligent processes and services company is based on the ability to create significant and sustainable customer value by combining and integrating our core equipment, services and intelligence. The Metso advantage is based on owning products, services, skills and technologies that are robust and market-tested also on a stand-alone basis.
Our strategy implementation will continue based on five Group-level must-wins (Services, Technology offering, Growth countries, Operational excellence, People and leadership).
Our vision, mission, values and leadership principles are at the core of everything we do.
According to our mission, the purpose of our operations, we contribute to a more sustainable world by helping our customers to process natural resources and recycle materials into valuable products.
Our vision is “Working as One to be Number One.” Working as one means working closely with customers, and other key external stakeholders as well as within the company. To be number one means creating added value for our stakeholders in everything we do and being the best at it.
- Our values guide us in how we do business and how we work together with internal and external stakeholders.
- Our values are: driving customer success, seeking innovations, performing together, and respecting each other.
- In terms of our everyday work they mean the following:
Driving customer success
- We succeed through the success of our customers
- We work closely to understand customers’ needs and respond quickly
- We are focused on delivering quality solutions and services for our customers
- High standards and professional performance are key in serving our customers
- Creativity and continuous renewal are essential for our long-term competitiveness and daily operations
- We continuously seek new ways of thinking and better ways of working
- We encourage the introduction of new technologies, and value innovative ideas and practices
- We share information and are willing to learn from each other
- We combine our vast know-how to create competitive solutions for our customers
- We respect each other’s contributions and solve problems together
- We keep our promises, and are dedicated to those we work with and for
- We take responsibility for our actions and work hard to achieve agreed-upon targets
Respecting each other
- We prioritize the well-being, health and safety of all individuals
- We treat each other with respect and benefit from our global diversity
- We are direct and honest in our communication, and create an environment of mutual trust
- We encourage and provide opportunities for each other to develop as professionals