The MEA was founded in 2007 and came from a re-structuring of the former Milking Machine Manufacturers Association [MMMA]. It was considered by the manufacturers that there was a need to expand the Association to include dealers and suppliers of all types of milking equipment and systems rather than just include manufacturers.
To promote, educate and improve best practice and standards and influence relevant dairy organisations and to represent the best interests of the UK based Milking Equipment manufacturers and associated equipment companies in a globally changing competitive environment.MEA Mission
To implement and influence legislative organisations in current standards and best practice into the supply, installation, maintenance and use of milking equipment and to promote best practice in animal health and welfare.Objectives
- To promote the interests of the manufacturers of milking equipment associated suppliers and distributors.
- To promote best practice in animal health and welfare.
- To put the views of the manufacturers of milking machinery to Government Departments, Local Authorities, UK Parliament, the European Commission, European Parliament and other relevant organisations.
- To promote, take part in or assist promoters of exhibitions, shows and demonstrations of milking machinery and to encourage the efficient use and better understanding of milking equipment by distributors and customers.
- To provide commentary, guidance and advice to Members on legislative and regulatory developments affecting the milking equipment manufacturers and associate members.
- To be a research and statistics collection centre providing, exchanging and publishing non-competitive information relating to the sale and supply of milking machinery.
- To represent milking equipment manufacturers and associate members in contacts with the press, radio and television and other public media.