Moving Floor AB
Moving Floor is a family owned company based on the Swedish island of Gotland. Read below to learn about the inspiration and development of the Moving Floor Concept, as well as our future aspirations. Tommy Lindvall has devoted the past 20 years to the development of self-cleaning floors and associated equipment. The challenge started already in 1995 with developing self cleaning floors for pigs.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Market Focus:
- Internationally (various countries)
A TV show on National Geographic’s became the starting point for the development of self-cleaning floors. The reporter explained that the gnues on the savannah move over vast areas. They rarely get sick even though thousands of animals live in the same herd. Graze, fertilize, move on. Graze, fertilize, move on. Tommy realized what today’s livestock buildings lacked – motion! Can not animals move from their dung floor must move the animals.
MOVING FLOOR TIME LINE
- 1995 – Starting point of the development of self cleaning floors for pigs
- 1997 – First patent approved
- 2002 – Successful results of trials on Moving Floor for pigs, however the pigs eat the conveyors
- 2003 – Starting point for Moving Floor for calves
- 2004 – Installation of calf floor at the Swedish university of Agriculture in Uppsala, Sweden
- 2006 – The Moving Floor technique approved by Swedish Board of Agriculture
- 2008 – Moving Floor exhibits at EuroTier, Hannover for the first time
- 2010 – Development of a complete Moving Floor Concept for Dairy starts
- 2015 – first complete farm with Moving Floor on all laying areas for the animals
A RESTRUCTURE OF ANIMAL HUSBANDRY
To secure future food demands the world’s livestock needs to increase in numbers but at the same time reducing their environmental impact. Perhaps the most important issue is to reduce antibiotic use in animal breeding. Moving Floor is an important component that contributes with
Less use of antibiotics
95% lowered ammonia emission
Increased profitability for farmer
Moving Floor is part of a structural change and will contribute to a positive development of the sector. Moving Floor is the last important keystone for the modern barn.