Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships, Inc. (NEEP)
NEEP is a regional nonprofit that promotes the efficient use of energy in homes, buildings and industry across the Northeast. NEEP was founded in 1996 as a non-profit accelerating energy efficiency in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states. Today, it is one of six Regional Energy Efficiency Organizations (REEOs) funded, in part, by US Department of Energy to support state efficiency policies and programs.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Professional association
- Industry Type:
- Energy Utilities
- Market Focus:
- Regionally (various states or provinces)
- Year Founded:
Our mission is to accelerate energy efficiency as an essential part of demand-side solutions that enable a sustainable regional energy system.
Our vision is that the region embraces next generation energy efficiency as a core strategy to meet energy needs in a carbon-constrained world.
Our long-term shared goal is to assist the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic Region in reducing carbon emissions 80% by 2050 (relative to 2001).
Our strategies are:
- Advance Regional Market Transformation Opportunities
- Provide Independent Analysis and Technical Expertise
- Advance Knowledge and Best Practices
- Engage and Empower Stakeholders
- Maintain a Strong, Nimble, and Responsive Organization
Our approach is to facilitate collaboration, education, and enterprise in order to overcome barriers and transform markets. We do this by:
- Digging deep in policy and technology to provide authoritative papers, presentations and persistent leadership.
- Developing strategic partnerships to cultivate and advance critical work.
- Developing leadership to demonstrate the possible.
- Driving change through efficiency as a core strategy.
- Focusing on market transformation as a cycle of change.
- Working openly to create learning opportunities and trust