The history of burn off ovens is the history of Pollution Control Products Co. The company’s founder, Peyton Simpson, designed the first `pyrolysis` cleaning oven to help manufacturers comply with the Clean Air Act of 1970. PCPC’s burn off oven and its patented Controlled Pyrolysis process cleans parts by using heat to decompose organic material into vapors and pyrolysis gases. These gases (smoke) are then drawn through an afterburner where harmful emissions and contaminates are burned and completely eliminated before being discharged out the exhaust stack. First used by electric motor rebuilders, PCPC quickly adapted their burn off ovens for use by automotive engine and parts rebuilders, paint and powder coaters, oil and gas producers, and plastics, fiber and chemical manufacturers. Today Pollution Control `burn-off` ovens cover the entire field of thermal cleaning and parts reclamation with more than 8,000 installations in 43 countries around the world.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Air and Climate - Air Pollution Treatment
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
The history of Pollution Control Products Co. is the history of 'burn-off' ovens. Peyton Simpson, the company founder, designed his first pyrolytic cleaning furnace ('burn-off' oven) in 1970 for a neighboring business trying to comply with new environmental emission standards. The success of that first oven launched Pollution Control Products Co. in 1971 and a 'green' revolution in industrial parts reclamation. The company's patented Controlled Pyrolysis® process helped manufacturers safely clean and reclaim parts and tooling, eliminate the use of hazardous chemicals and abrasives, and operate safely and affordably within new clean air emission standards.
For nearly four decades Pollution Control has been first in sales, service and innovation. The company's first 'ovens', Stator Reclamation Furnaces, were built for stripping electric motor stators so they could be rewound for rebuilt motors. Our single burner Model 88 furnace was a labor saving breakthrough for the electric motor rewinding industry. Since then, PCPC has led the way in product and market innovation and today is the world's largest single manufacturer of industrial burn-off furnaces with over 8,000 installations in 45 countries around the world.
Pollution Control Burn-Off Ovens cover the entire field of thermal stripping and industrial cleaning. With headquarters and manufacturing operations in Dallas, Texas, Pollution Control serves a broad spectrum of domestic and international markets and industries, including:
- Paint and Powder Coating Operations
- Plastics, Fiber and Chemical Manufacturers
- Electric Motor Rebuilders
- Automotive Engine and Parts Rebuilders
- Commercial Contract Cleaners
- Oil and Gas Production Parts Rebuilders
Ranging in size from 13 cubic feet to more than 3,000 cubic feet in volume, the company makes four basic types of Burn-Off ovens to cover the entire field of thermal stripping and industrial cleaning. Pollution Control furnaces safely remove plastics, waxes, resins, hot melt adhesives, tars, carbonized residues, paints, powder coatings, oils, greases, asphalts, and other organic materials. Powerful afterburners consume the smoke driven off during cleaning, leaving only carbon dioxide and water vapor, which invisible, odorless and harmless to exhaust into the atmosphere. PCPC burn off ovens eliminate the need for acids, strippers and liquid or gaseous solvents and the hazards associated with their handling and disposal.
Other 'Firsts' by the company include:
- Introduced the patented Controlled Pyrolysis® furnace using a water spray system to control the rate of smoke emitted in the cleaning process, which created a new market; companies with paint and powder coating operations.
- Introduced thermal cleaning to the Plastics Industry with our patented InertGas oven, which uses a reduced oxygen environment and dual water sprays to increase the volumes of material that can be processed.
- Introduced the patented RateControlled furnace increasing the level of processing control of the original Controlled Pyrolysis® design and allowed the processing of heavier loads.
- Developed and patented an special adaptation to our Burn-Off ovens to clean diesel particulate filters.
Pollution Control is a small, family-owned and operated company founded on sound management and financial principles. We honor our commitments and pay our bills on time (PCPC maintains a 3A1 Dun & Bradstreet rating).