Pompe Garbarino S.p.A : Centrifugal and positive displacement pumps for marine&offshore, navy and industry. Shipyards, ship owners, navies, engineering companies, chemical and petrochemical plants, desalination plants, power stations, steelworks, etc., in Italy and all over the world: these are the customers of Pompe Garbarino S.p.A., worldwide leading company which specializes in the production of centrifugal and positive displacement pumps for marine&offshore, navy and industry. Founded in 1932 by Paolo Garbarino, Garbarino has two factories in Acqui Terme (AL), Piedmont, Italy, and, from 1994 a sales branch in Milan. The company maintains its “core business” in the marine, offshore and naval fields and has diversified its production facing also the industrial market.
Instead of adopting mass production methods, Garbarino has chosen the technological search in sophisticated and demanding fields.
The attention is focused on the constant improvement of the products designed according to the customer’s requirements and selecting the most suitable materials for the different applications. Garbarino always puts the customer’s needs first thanks to the highly flexible approach and the capability to produce more than 450 different models of pumps.
Garbarino offers an excellent service to customers in terms of technical consultancy and after sales service ensuring the availability of engineers on site. Spares delivery and product replacement can be guaranteed in very short time thanks to the huge capacity of the warehouse, one of the best strength’s points of the company.
Pompe Garbarino S.p.A. was founded in Acqui Terme in the province of Alessandria, Piedmont in Italy in 1932 to address the growing demands for pumping technology of the local wine industry and aqueducts.
After the war Paolo Garbarino, the founder, decided to enter into new markets and, at the beginning of the 1950’s, forged close ties with the Italian Navy enabling expansion into the field of the marine pumps.
Since then Garbarino has grown to become a supplier to major shipyards in Europe and Asia, ship owners worldwide, the Italian Navy since 1950 (official supplier) as well as several other foreign navies and to become the world’s leading company in the cruise shipbuilding industry (more than 100 cruise ships supplied).
The decision to diversify the firm’s market base by entering the industrial field (including engineering companies, chemical and petrochemical plants, desalination plants, power stations, steel mills, etc.) dates back to the beginning of the 1980’s and, in 1994, Garbarino opened a sales branch in Milan in order to increase the market share in the industrial field.
In 2012 Garbarino celebrates 80 years of activity.
The company has remained in the hands of the Garbarino family: the founder Paolo left the company to his sons Mario and Carlo.
Since 2006 Garbarino belongs to Carlo (Chairman and son of the founder) and to his sons Paolo and Danilo (Managing Directors and grandsons of the founder).