Premier Waste Management Limited
Premier is one of the largest independent waste management companies in the UK. We specialise in the safe disposal and recycling of household, commercial and industrial wastes. In addition we work with technological partners in relation to landfill gas collection, extraction and utilisation, environmental monitoring and new waste treatment technologies.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Service provider
- Industry Type:
- Waste Management
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
Premier OPERATES AN: Environmental Management System across all sites and divisions.
As part of the management system four main Company objectives have been identified:
- To comply with legislative requirements.
- To reduce greenhouse gas emissions from Company activities.
- To increase waste diversion from landfill.
- To ensure that persons working on behalf of the Company have sound environmental practices.
The objectives are reviewed on a regular basis, and the environmental performance of the Company is reported to a Group Environmental Audit Committee.
Premier is committed to providing the highest quality products and services to our customers.
In order to achieve this Premier has identified that as a Company it must continually adapt, learn and improve to ensure that the requirements of our customers are met and, where possible, exceeded.
In order to help Premier achieve set short, medium and long term goals the Company established a Corporate Management System.
The Corporate Management System is a well established and documented management system which outlines the Company’s main objectives, policies and procedures. The system ensures that all employees are aware of how the Company’s works, and their roles and responsibilities within the Company.
Premier recognises and accepts responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of its employees and those who may be affected by their operations and activities.
Careful consideration is given to the provision and maintenance of:
- Safe systems of work, plant and equipment
- Arrangements for safe handling, storage, transport and use of waste materials
- Adequate information, training and supervision
- A safe working environment
- Adequate welfare and first aid equipment and facilities.
Premier actively encourages open discussion and joint consultations with employees regarding Health and Safety issues through regular team and division meetings, along with the Health and Safety committee.