Primary Flow Signal (PFS) and its subsidiaries provide the industry’s highest accuracy, highest reliability flow measurement technology, equipment, engineering, service, sales, support, and distribution. With headquarters and manufacturing in the United States and Canada, PFS leads the North American market, and extends its global reach to all continents. We specialize in pressurized and open channel flow metering applications, and all types of line fluid (i.e., steam, gas and liquid, as well as solids-bearing) measurement solutions. Our versatile technology serves a wide variety of functions critical to our everyday lives and comfort, e.g.: municipal water and wastewater delivery, industrial service, chemical processing, power generation, as well as oil and gas extraction and management. Over 30 years of the industry-leading accuracy and reliability of PFS products, including over one million of our patented HVT Halmi Venturi meters in service worldwide
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Monitoring and Testing - Water Monitoring and Testing
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
The PFS Difference:
- Over 30 years of the industry-leading accuracy and reliability of PFS products, including over one million of our patented HVT Halmi Venturi meters in service worldwide
- The industry’s largest full-time staff of engineers and technicians
- Complete in-house design, machining, fabrication, welding, NDE/Radiography, calibration, and finishing
- Continuing service and rehabilitation of flow meter installations
- The resources to commit to LTAs (Long Term Agreements) that guarantee supply and pricing over a span of years
- High speed machining and manufacturing as well as heavy manufacturing, including contracts of substantial size
- Multiple locations: Cranston, RI (headquarters); Houston and Odessa-Midland, TX; Tulsa and Altus, OK; Seneca, SC; Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and Beijing, China
- Research and development in a variety of technologies
It is our objective to satisfy the needs of our clients with the world's best quality products and services at competitive prices.
PFS has been producing flow meters for over 30 years, since its founding by Hungarian immigrant, Dezsoe (Dezi) Halmi, and has emerged as the preeminent industry player in North America, with a reputation for reliability, accuracy, and customized manufacturing.
The brainchild of Dezsoe (Dezi) Halmi, PFS carries on his legacy of innovation and dedication to quality. As the inventor of several important technologies, including the Universal Venturi Tube and the Halmi Venturi Tube, Halmi set the company on a trajectory to success, and provided it with patented technology that is still vital to the metering industry today. This technology has become widespread over the last thirty years, with over one million Halmi Venturi meters in use, garnering PFS wide renown for reliability and accuracy. Through evolving product lines and research and development, the company continues to lead the market, and its products outperform competing technologies.
PFS is headquartered in Cranston, RI, with major manufacturing and research facilities there as well as in other locations in the USA and Canada, and is proud to provide quality 'Made in the USA' products for the world market.
- PFS boasts a full certification record for the company and its products as strong as the products themselves.
- Certifications for quality and safety include ISO 9001, ASME R, U, and S; European PED Module H; Indian IBR; Russian GOST; and Canadian CSA and CRN.
- Individual products follow relevant industry regulations, including requirements specific to the oil and gas, water/wastewater, and power generation industries.