Puralytics, a water purification equipment company headquartered in Hillsboro, Oregon, has developed a patented photochemical water purification process using only light energy to activate an advanced nanotechnology photocatalyst. Puralytics has pioneered a new way to purify water using a light activated, nanotechnology coated mesh to drive 5 photochemical processes. Puralytics has three product lines, the SolarBag which uses sunlight to purify drinking water anywhere in the world, the Shield, an LED powered unit for facilities and businesses, and the LilyPad, a floating sunlight powered treatment of open water sources.
Puralytics is a privately funded technology company located in Beaverton, Oregon.
While there are many ways to treat water including chemical, thermal, filtration, and separation technologies, Puralytics has pioneered an entirely new way to purify water using light-activated photochemical processes, enabling pure water in places and applications where it was not possible before.
Puralytics has been named in a number of industry awards, including:
- 2014 BlueTech Research Disrupt-o-meter Award, Most Innovative and Disruptive Water Technology
- 2014 USTechH2.O Exemplary US Water Technology
- 2013 International Water Association Global Honour Award for Drinking Water Supply
- 2013 Innovation in Sustainability Award
- 2013 BlueTech Innovation Tracker Award
- 2012 Inc Magazine Top 8 Best Water Investment
- 2012 5 Star GIIRS Rating from BLabs
- 2011 Cleantech National Investor Conference 'Most Fundable'
- 2011 Global Cleantech 100
- 2011 Zino Green Fund, Best Cleantech Investment
- 2011 The Artemis Project, named a Top 50 Water Technology Company
- 2011 TechCrunch Award finalist in the Cleantech category
- 2010 ImagineH2O finalist twice for both water and energy efficiency
- 2010 National Grandprize in the Cleantech Open, Best Cleantech Business
- 2010 Global Water Intelligence, Water Investment Idol