Ramas (Applied Biomathematics)
Applied Biomathematics is a private research and software firm focused on developing and translating methods for risk analysis. Our offices are located in historical Setauket, NY, about one mile from Stony Brook University. Applied Biomathematics expands the range of tools for both probabilistic and non-probabilistic risk analysis, delivering our innovation through the RAMAS software library. Commercially available RAMAS products include general-purpose applications for expert elicitation, uncertainty quantification, and visualization, as well as subject-specific tools for conservation biology, ecotoxicology, and ag biotech. For nearly 40 years, RAMAS software has served the needs of scientists, engineers, educators, and students, making expert tools easy to use.
Find locations served, office locations
- Business Type:
- Software vendor
- Industry Type:
- Environmental Data and IT Systems
- Market Focus:
- Globally (various continents)
- Year Founded:
This company also provides solutions for other industrial applications.
Please, visit the following links for more info:
Research at Applied Biomathematics has contributed meaningfully to society and to scientific progress. Five of our publications have been cited over 500 times and three of them over 1,000 times. We have helped engineers test bridges, doctors communicate with patients, students learn biology, pharmaceutical companies anticipate regulatory decisions, and conservation biologists protect species at the brink of extinction.
Researchers across the public-private spectrum around the world trust Applied Biomathematics® for software, training, and consulting.
Examples of government and non-profit clients and software users include*:
- Australian Department of Environment and Energy
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Sandia National Laboratory
- International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN)
- US Army Corps of Engineers
- US Environmental Protection Agency
- US Fish and Wildlife Agency
Examples of private-sector clients include*:
- American Electric Power
- Crop Life America
- Dow AgroSciences
- Dow Chemical
- DuPont Pioneer
- Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI)
- New York Power Authority
- Southern California Edison
We are especially proud that RAMAS software is used for teaching and research at hundreds of academic institutions worldwide. This connection is fundamental to our mission to facilitate well-justified and transparent quantitative analysis. In the process, our products promote and support graduate student research.
* Listing of organizations here is for informational purposes only and in no way implies an endorsement of Applied Biomathematics or the use of RAMAS software.