The main purpose of RecycleAid.co.uk is to save as many printer cartridges and mobile phones as possible from being sent to landfill and turn them into a cash revenue. `Together we can make a difference.` The value of empty printer cartridges fluctuates almost daily but we pay anything from 10p to £3.50 depending on what type of inkjets you have to recycle. Not only do we provide aid through recycling but we also aid to recycle! From corporate business to home users we can help you turn your empty cartridges into cash for you or your chosen charity. With our simple freepost bag system we are here to make it hassle free.
Find locations served, office locations, manufacturers and our distributors.
- Business Type:
- Industry Type:
- Waste and Recycling
- Market Focus:
- Nationally (across the country)
- Year Founded:
- less than 1,000,000 €
Recycle Ink Cartridges with Recycle Aid. THE online place to trade your empty printer cartridges for CASH! With our Quick'n'Easy cartridge recycling scheme you can recycle ink cartridges and Toner Cartridges for CASH, for YOU or for one of our chosen CHARITIES.You can even choose a charity of your choice.
Recent statistics report that in the UK alone we currently spend around 600 million pounds on printer cartridges per year! Thats a lot of printer cartridges, all of which will obviously become empty at some point, our aim is to turn as many of these empty ink cartridges as possible back into CASH through our cartridge recycling scheme.
In todays current climate we could all do with saving some money, company budgets are getting smaller and our personal budgets are being stretched more than ever too, ink cartridge recycling is just one of the ways to help that budget stretch a little bit further. Wether you are cashing your empty cartridges in to offset against your printing costs or saving for life's little extra's; small changes can make a big difference to the bottom line or your pocket. See our Recycle Ink Cartridges page for more information. If you have Toners or a mix of both see Recycle Toner Cartridges for full details.
Not only would you get CASH back for your empty cartridges but you can also sleep easy at night too, safe in the knowledge that you are also helping the enviroment by recycling your empties. We recycle ALL the carttridges we collect by way of refilling and NONE of the cartridges we collect end up in landfill sites.
You can also use our printer cartridge recycling scheme to donate your empty cartridges for charity. You can choose a charity which we already support or you can donate to any charity you choose. See our Charity Recycling page to find out how you can make a difference. We are proud to be raising funds for charities with very worthy causes please visit our charity pages before you leave.
We all have a duty to recycle, by using our recycling scheme you WILL make a differance to the amount of ink cartridges bieng sent to landfill.
With Recycle Aid we can either Aid you to Recycle or provide AID through recycling......... Together we WILL make a difference!
We have put together a few useful recycling facts, things you didn't know that you didn't know!
Printer Cartridge Recycling Facts
- Empty printer cartridges are worth MONEY! Recycle Today...
- If you throw your printer cartridges in the bin they will take 1,000 years to decompose - that's nearly nine times as long as Emiliano Mercado Toro has been alive and, at 114, he is the oldest man in the world!
- More than 30 million inkjet cartridges are dumped each year in the UK alone, the equivalent weight of 18 blue whales.
- If the empty cartridges the people throw away each year were stacked end to end they would be able to circle the earth - that's over 38,400 kilometres!
- Printer ink costs more than space shuttle fuel.
- The 17 million laser cartridges recycled in Europe in 2005 resulted in the saving of 6 million litres of virgin oil which would fill three Olympic sized swimming pools and more.
Mobile Phone Recycling Facts
- Old mobile phones are worth MONEY! Recycle Today...
- There are now more mobile phones than people in the UK, not surprising given that around 1700 mobile phones are upgraded every hour in the UK
- The 15 million phones we upgrade every year in the UK contain a total of almost four tonnes of silver and 600kg of gold.
- It's estimated that 90 million mobile phones are languishing in cupboards and drawers around the UK.
- The average mobile phone owner has two phones that they do not use - that's two phones that they could be sending in to RecycleAid for recycling.
- When you buy a new mobile phone it leaves a carbon footprint of 32 global square metres - by recycling and reusing phones we can reduce the negative impact they have on the environment and make a difference to charities.
- The Cadmium in the battery from a single old phone could seriously contaminate 600,000 litres of water, enough to fill a third of an Olympic-sized swimming pool. Cadmium is being phased out of new batteries.
- Brominated flame retardants, used in wiring boards and plastic cases, have been associated with cancer, liver damage and problems with the neurological, immune and endocrine systems.
- Beryllium, which can cause serious lung damage, is used in contacts and springs and highly toxic dioxins can be emitted if the phones are incinerated in waste plants