Risktec Solutions is an established, independent and specialist risk management consulting and training company, and is part of the TÜV Rheinland Group. We help clients manage their health, safety, security, environmental and business risks in sectors where the impact of loss is high.
Risktec was formed in 2001 with the specific aim of helping clients to manage health, safety, security, environmental and business risk. The company has grown strongly, establishing offices in the UK, Europe, Middle East, South East Asia and North America. In 2012 Risktec acquired the ASTEC Group to be able to provide specialist engineering and safety associates to work on short or long-term assignments at client locations around the world. In March 2014 Risktec was acquired by TÜV Rheinland, a global leader in independent technical services. The acquisition extends Risktec’s risk and safety resource pool, geographical reach and the range of services available to clients.
Risktec consultants are highly qualified and experienced and come from a wide range of backgrounds, including engineering and science disciplines, information technology, operations and management. They are high calibre and motivated professionals, with a clear focus on meeting clients' expectations.
Experienced management team members and senior consultants assure technical expertise across our services, and have established reputations with major blue chip clients.
Our consultants are fully empowered to deliver all aspects of projects and our employee ownership model promotes stability in our workforce. We support our people with a training and development programme, which builds on technical skills and industry focus, as well as relationship and project management skills.
Our independence is achieved through our selected range of services, our legal structure and our company values. As a wholly employee-owned company, our services are delivered by our shareholders who have a vested interest in maintaining long-term client relationships. We have no shareholders with competing corporate goals to satisfy, enabling us to offer truly impartial advice.
The key values underpinning the culture at Risktec are:
We empower everyone in Risktec to perform their work to the best of their ability in a supportive, open and trusting environment. We firmly believe that most value is added through teamwork, both within Risktec and when working with clients.
We believe our business must be sustainable, which can only be achieved by being responsive and flexible to our clients' needs, delivering solutions, and acting with honesty, integrity and consistently high ethical standards.
Our Solutions Approach
We are committed to providing clients with complete and pragmatic solutions, built on a sound understanding of the client's business. We focus on clarifying the underlying problems at the heart of any issues, before proposing a solution. We present our recommendations in a clear and straightforward way.
Throughout a project we work with our clients to ensure ownership of the solution. We believe this philosophy leads to mutually trusting relationships with our clients.
Our Advisory Approach
We listen and work collaboratively with the client, taking an open, proactive and objective approach. Our collective, hard-earned experience of working across a wide range of different industries, environments and cultures, means we consider all factors and are able to deliver solutions for risk improvement that meet each client's unique needs.
We highlight the positives, but also do not shy away from identifying weaknesses and difficult issues. In this way we help clients to objectively understand their risks and the quality of their systems for managing them. We aim to advise for the long-term, throughout the facility life-cycle, business expansion or change initiative.
Our Technical Approach
Our services recognise that controlling risk requires understanding engineered and technological systems, management systems and organisational factors, as well as cultural and behavioural issues.
Our deliverables range from assessments for specific business risk issues, through formal HSSE/safety cases for large industrial complexes, to entire management system documentation, training and implementation support.
- We provide a comprehensive service for identifying, assessing and managing risks to businesses, industries and public sectors. We bring together different functions in an organisation to help manage conflicting requirements and find the optimum way forward.
- Drawing upon our technical, managerial and commercial skills, we help our clients to minimise loss, protect their corporate reputation and comply with legislation and company standards.
- Helping clients to manage health, safety, security, environmental (HSSE) and business risk is our core focus.
- We are totally committed to working with our clients and stakeholders to arrive at pragmatic solutions, with a level of effort proportionate to risk.
- We endeavour to make use of existing information and promote engagement with operational personnel to help identify and prioritise issues.
- We take a fresh view of the big picture, as well as paying attention to the details.
- As a wholly employee-owned company, we are free to take a truly independent view and provide impartial advice.
- We are committed to developing open and collaborative client relationships and aim to be the long-term partner of choice.
- We have a culture of sharing our knowledge with clients, through meetings, presentations, reports, tools and training.
- We openly identify potential issues to enable an objective and comprehensive assessment to be made.