R.P. Adams has provided Industrial Filtration equipment, Automatic Water Strainers, Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers, Aftercoolers, and Cyclone Separators to meet our customers needs. Headquarters for R.P. Adams product sales, engineering, and manufacturing are in Buffalo, NY. We also offer responsive sales and technical support through a worldwide network of experienced factory-trained Engineers. From applications know-how, fast quotation preparation, technical assistance, and spare parts availability, R.P. Adams and our representatives are your dedicated resource for solving heat transfer and liquid filter process requirements.
Engineered Process Equipment. Solutions You Can Trust.
- For 75 years, R.P. Adams has provided Industrial Filtration equipment, Automatic Water Strainers, Shell and Tube Heat Exchangers, Aftercoolers, and Cyclone Separators to meet our customers needs.
- The technologies we offer are continually refined to meet new and more challenging applications in today's chemical and general industrial markets resulting in superior performance and value.
Liquid Filtration Technology:
- Our Liquid Filtration know-how has set the standard in the filtration industry with Automatic Water Strainer Technology and advanced Potable Water Filtration Systems for municipal drinking water plants.
Heat Transfer Technology:
- When it comes to understanding and solving compressed air and gas heat transfer applications, R.P. Adams has a proven track record of success. We were the first Company to specialize in Aftercooler Technology back in 1938 and provide a standard product line against which all others are judged.
Quality and Reliability You Can Count On:
- R.P. Adams has an established reputation for designing and manufacturing quality products that have reliability unequaled in the industry. Our process equipment is made to handle demanding applications where others have been known to fail.
More Standard And Custom Solutions:
- R. P. Adams often has off-the-shelf units available for immediate delivery. When your application calls for a custom solution, Adams Engineers have the industry experience to select the product that is right for your specific process, thereby assuring you that the equipment being specified will meet or exceed your specifications.
Global Sales And Service Network:
- Headquarters for R.P. Adams product sales, engineering, and manufacturing are in Buffalo, NY. We also offer responsive sales and technical support through a worldwide network of experienced factory-trained Engineers. From applications know-how, fast quotation preparation, technical assistance, and spare parts availability, R.P. Adams and our representatives are your dedicated resource for solving heat transfer and liquid filter process requirements.
R.P. Adams is a proud member of the following organizations:
- Association of Iron and Steel Engineers (AISE)
- American Water Works Association (AWWA)
- Water Environment Federation (WEF)
- World Trade Center Buffalo Niagara (WTC-BN)
After sixty-seven years, R.P. Adams is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Service Filtration Corporation (SFC), headquartered in Northbrook, Illinois, with divisions in Amarillo, Texas, and Lancaster, Pennsylvania. Our sale was effective April 9, 2004, and henceforth, we will be doing business as R.P. Adams, Division of Service Filtration Corporation.
R.P. Adams was incorporated in 1937. The first product introduced was the TR series air filters with ceramic elements. The TR filters evolved over time and became our current line of GP filters for Air, Gas, and Steam. R.P. Adams added a number of products in its early years that evolved into many of our current products, including aftercoolers, heat exchangers, cyclone separators, and liquid filters. Over many years of supplying water cooled heat exchangers it became evident that contaminants in the cooling water used in heat exchangers caused fouling and maintenance problems for our customers. So R.P. Adams developed and patented the first multi-element automatic strainer in the United States. The Automatic Water Strainer (AWS) patent was awarded in 1965. The original AWS design was improved within a few years and replaced by the H/VWS line of automatic water strainers. R.P. Adams also developed and patented the Economat reheat system. R.P. Adams has innovated and manufactured a wide range of filtration and heat transfer products for over 75 years.
R.P. Adams equipment is used in many industries, including automotive, chemical / petrochemical, food and beverage, glass, mining, oil and gas, power generation, pulp and paper, steel and metals, and water / wastewater industries. R.P. Adams has a complete line of standard products that are fully engineered and designed, and are ready to meet your needs. Our experienced sales and engineering staff also is capable of designing custom equipment. If your needs are special materials to meet the demands of harsh environments or corrosive fluids, or special features, our staff engineers are ready to assist you with the design and selection process. Turnkey systems are also available from R.P. Adams. Skid mounted and pre-wired systems can be designed, engineered, and manufactured to meet customer needs.
R.P. Adams automatic strainers are capable of handling water from many different sources. Adams strainers can strain unwanted particles from many water sources, including well water, river or lake water, and sea water. Our strainers also strain solids from re-circulating cooling systems used in many industries. R.P. Adams automatic strainers are capable of straining solids as fine as 25 micron.
Shell and tube aftercoolers and heat exchangers are typically selected above other heat exchanging technology due to the low pressure losses, reliable high pressure designs, and their resistance to fouling. R.P. Adams can design and manufacture heat exchangers in a range of diameters and lengths to meet the needs of the customer. Through the use of sophisticated software and our vast experience Adams can design the right heat exchanger for you.
R.P. Adams offers single tube WJR series and multiple tube IWF series liquid filters. Our liquid filters are capable of filtration as fine as 1 micron. We offer filters using precoat filter aid and also bare element filters. Our filtration equipment can be used for potable water and for filtering many industrial liquids, such as acids, alkalis, chlor-alkali liquids, salt solutions, boiler condensate, and others.